Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: MATCH THREAD -Sydney vs Crows Round 18

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Umm yes I'm not saying nank set the world on fire. My point was about an injured pyke which is basically what we've had all year.

For me I'll be happy to see Tippett and nank ruck for the rest of the year and then bring on Naismith to replace nank next year. I feel that Pyke may be at the end of his amazing career. He isn't young anymore and now he's in effective through injury.

- - - Updated - - -

And you also forgot to add

Jenkins 2
    Parker 2
    Agreed!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    He was wearing protective padding around his midriff.

Which leaves one to ponder what his injury actually is.

Obviously Dr Gibbs didn't think he could worsen it by playing.

Seemed odd he played out the whole game (could of been subbed for Jack), even though he could hardly move.
    Thanks, I thought he looked different. It would be interesting to know how padding helps a bad back. I just hope it isn't bad. From experience I know how hard it is to recover and I don't play football!!

Veterans List
    Well that was much better. First half was the best we've played for months. Midfield were almost uniformly tremendous. That said, Crows were kinda awful. Still great to see such a huge improvement from recent disastrous efforts.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

only halves

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Well that was much better. First half was the best we've played for months. Midfield were almost uniformly tremendous. That said, Crows were kinda awful. Still great to see such a huge improvement from recent disastrous efforts.
    Well summed up. Our best this year since the mid year break. Still have trouble playing out 4 solid quarters. Why? In the second half we looked ordinary and tired, but so did the crows. We quite often look very tired in the second half of a game? Richmond, Hawthorn quickly come to mind. Could it be possible that we are not fully fit???? Or is it we have a few older players that struggle to run out a full game? Not sure of the answer.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    He was wearing protective padding around his midriff.

Which leaves one to ponder what his injury actually is.

Obviously Dr Gibbs didn't think he could worsen it by playing.

Seemed odd he played out the whole game (could of been subbed for Jack), even though he could hardly move.
    One rumour I heard was that he had broken/sore ribs before the Eagles game after a training mishap

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Best game from Harry for a while. The effort from the boys was excellent but the skills execution still has a way to go before we really become a premiership threat.
    Vs Crows we had a higher effective disposal 78.9% than the Hawks had (75.9%) when they carved us up a few weeks ago.
    We also had 75 more touches vs Adelaide than we did at the Hawks game.

Vs Hawthorn we had 55 clangers (they had 42). Versus Adelaide we had 36 clangers and (Adelaide has 50).

Hopefully we can maintain it, as we can see it's attainable. Obviously pressure etc differs between opposition. Just to be somewhere in between those 2 performances will help make us competitive week in week out. As we know how damaging 1 bad disposal can be, to shave off near 20 clangers is immense.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Vs Crows we had a higher effective disposal 78.9% than the Hawks had (75.9%) when they carved us up a few weeks ago.
    We also had 75 more touches vs Adelaide than we did at the Hawks game.

Vs Hawthorn we had 55 clangers (they had 42). Versus Adelaide we had 36 clangers and (Adelaide has 50).

Hopefully we can maintain it, as we can see it's attainable. Obviously pressure etc differs between opposition. Just to be somewhere in between those 2 performances will help make us competitive week in week out. As we know how damaging 1 bad disposal can be, to shave off near 20 clangers is immense.
    We need to take into account that Adelaide is a shadow of their former selves. They don't bring the level of pressure Hawthorn does. But it is certainly a step in the right direction.

Senior Player
    Yep as i said.

Also I was more comparing our output vs Adelaide in a drubbing, and Hawks output vs us in a drubbing. We more that matched the hawks effort/output this week and i think we were worse than Adelaide pressure wise. Making the weekends performance pretty strong in skill execution vs the hawks who are way in front of us.

And i'm officially around in circles..

haha

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456