Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 20 vs Collingwood

Veterans List

Changes for Round 20 vs Collingwood

I'll get it started by saying Ted's available for this weekend, excepted a $1000 fine with an early plea for rough conduct, so that's good. Otherwise, I have no idea what changes should be made, I've given up trying to work out what's wrong with us....

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    OUTS Current mindset

INS A positive attitude that oozes initiative , aggression , skill and attack

In: Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond, McGlynn
    Out: HCF Injury update, Harry C.

We're a pretty different team with a fit Buddy, Rohan, McGlynn and Pyke. Frustrating to have them all out.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

I'll be playing this week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Play me ?
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    In: Sweet Caroline, Neil Diamond, McGlynn
    Out: HCF Injury update, Harry C.

We're a pretty different team with a fit Buddy, Rohan, McGlynn and Pyke. Frustrating to have them all out.
    Out : Nankervis, Cunningham Lloyd

In : Anyone who can ruck and allow Tippett to play Forward, Robinson, McGlynn ?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What number will you be wearing? I wouldn't want to confuse you with any of our other players.

And will you be rucking?
    Last edited by Ludwig; 11th August 2015 at 04:45 PM.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Need a lot of running mids, flanks and pockets. Magpies has a shorter running team which hurts us with their speed and skill. We need 100% intensity to keep pressure on.

Out: Buddy
    In: Jesinta

Ok, so Buddy got injured in Perth at the training or what? I don't quite understand it, because the explanation was always very vague. I hope it wasn't a "bedroom accident"

Veterans List
    I am annoyed at our medical department for allowing Buddy and McGlynn to play against Adelaide. I know that you can't predict these things and that Buddy said he felt fine to play but they should have been more cautious.

QUOTE=WauchopeAnalyst;679285]Need a lot of running mids, flanks and pockets. Magpies has a shorter running team which hurts us with their speed and skill. We need 100% intensity to keep pressure on.[/QUOTE]
    Then we are in trouble. For me the biggest problem we have had this year are a result of our midfiled failing to provide the run that provides a target. There is no gut busting running as a group. One or two are trying each week, but it has to be done as a collective midfield. Enough is enough and a statement must be made. Our Bloods culture is at stake. And what bigger statement can be made when you drop your captains.

Outs: McVeigh, K Jack, S Reid
    Ins: Hewett, Perris, Newman

It's not likely to happen. But they are barely holding their place on form anyway. I would play Jones and Hewett through the midfield and Perris as the Sub.

For me team structure is just not right with Reid and Goodes in the team. I would rather bring in Newman to help set up from half back. He likes to kick rather than handball and if our mids provide the run, he and Jetta could hit them up. Structurally my team would be as follows;

B Smith Richards Laidler
    HB Rampe Grundy Shaw
    C Parker Hannebery Jetta
    Fol Nank Mitchell Jones
    HF Heeney Kennedy Goodes
    F Cunningham Tippett Jack
    I/C Lloyd Hewett Newman
    Sub Perris

Kennedy, Parker and Hannebery have had long tours in the trenches and are really feeling the physical toll it takes on your body. Some fresh troops need to be sent in with Mitchell, Jones and Hewett to provide the extraction and clearances. Parker and Hannebery should strictly play on the outside to provide the run. Kennedy has been a warrior for so long. You can't keep punishing your body the way that he does. I've said it before, but I think he makes a great CHF with his run, height, marking ability and good kick for goal. Cunningham and BJ provide some much needed small forward presence and Heeney gives us the x factor across HF. Obviously rotations come into play, but mostly we should stick to these structures.

Controversial, but not that wacky. The Bloods culture means more than the individual. No matter who you are.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast