Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Changes for Round 20 vs Collingwood

All well and good for coaches to take cheap shots at our players but they carry as much, if not more, blame for our recent poor performance in terms of game plan and preparation.

When the going gets tough, I rarely see innovative or timely decisions coming from our coaches box to force our players back in a risk-taking and attacking mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    All well and good for coaches to take cheap shots at our players but they carry as much, if not more, blame for our recent poor performance in terms of game plan and preparation.

When the going gets tough, I rarely see innovative or timely decisions coming from our coaches box to force our players back in a risk-taking and attacking mindset.
    +1 Agree.

I have been very disappointed this year - not only with how we have played, but the apparent lack of coaching options and strategies we have deployed. Last week was a prime example, we had Nankervis in the forward line and Tippett in the ruck. Goodes was 1 out with 2 and sometimes 3 defenders with no assistance, so when we did get the ball forward, it came straight back into our overworked defence. How can we kick a winning score when we don't have any forward structures (hate that word as it covers a lot of issues).

New to the Forum!

Wish I could get to the game tonight! I reckon the boys will be keen to lock in a Top 4 spot and we need some percentage!

Senior Player
    +1+1.Innovation and flexibility in the coaching model is lacking.Playfairs comment is hardly appropriate for a team lacking confidence and will hardly assist team unity.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSwan View Post
    New to the Forum!

Wish I could get to the game tonight! I reckon the boys will be keen to lock in a Top 4 spot and we need some percentage!
    Welcome aboard BloodSwan. As you can see many of us on the board are concerned that the boys seem to have lost the sense of urgency you need to succeed. If tonight's game doesn't spark them up I don't know what will - almost certainly not the captains and coaches.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Are we playing tonight?
    You wouldn't think so if you checked out AFL.com.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post

Pretty rich coming from Playfair where his area of the ground is where we are struggling the most. I do think him and Dew's position should be reconsidered at the end of the year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just wild about Harry
    Unfortunately, my current rule of thumb is "no McGlynn, no win". I think that speed is only part of the issue we have at the moment. I believe that our real issue is our lack of spread because every team that has pantsed us this year has done so on the spread. Unfortunately, Benny is the best we have at spreading and without his gut running to advantage, we look very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Pretty rich coming from Playfair where his area of the ground is where we are struggling the most. I do think him and Dew's position should be reconsidered at the end of the year.
    I suspect Dewie is already considering his position next year

Happy and I know it
    Only 250 tickets available now, according to Pridham on Twitter.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234