Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Freo v Sydney Pre Match Discussion

We have been playing style of play this year that will suit a wet track better than silky skills. Rain / wet weather footy is a big leveler, which I feel is better suited to us than Freo. My confidence is much higher with wet weather than dry. Mixing up our dynamics will make Ross Lyons counter tactics hard to pre plan. We just have to hold them for the first quarter as I feel that they will have all guns blazing for the first 30 min.

Therefore my game plan is.

Play Reid back for the first quarter. Leave Tippett with the smalls in the forward line... Goodsy on the ball for part of the first Quarter. Get him involved then kicks a lazy 3 for the day, up forward. Reid turns forward after the first quarter and marks everything. Hand passes to Jetta who goals for him.. Mike Pike to ruck till he drops. Sub out Mike early in the last and Tippett to ruck their tied players attack the last 20 min. 2 late goals put us in front and Swans win by 9 points. defensive mids who just keep stopping Freo's attack with our rebounding Half back line.. Rotating players through the half back line for pace. McVeigh is the general at HBF.

Rod_

With Tommy and Joey in the trenches and Tippo taking grabs by the dozen ,Benny chasing like a rabid dog ..the bloods have the spirit to overcome ...backs against the wall...swans by 15pts

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Apparently more people are killed by hypotenuses each year than any other animal.
    Well personally, I think you've gone off on too much of a tangent there.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    I forgot to mention the most important bit! This last supermoon will coincide with a total Lunar Eclipse which will turn the moon red... also known as a Blood Moon. Thank you science, thank you Copernicus and thank you that guy with the triangles & hypotenuses.

Unfortunately I think I've opened a can of worms though... Checking up on Nostradamus, apparently he and the bible both agree that Armageddon is due a few days before the Grannie so it may very well be a No Result! depending on how religious you are.

Blue Moon is end of the world warning, says 'modern-day Nostradamus'

All the more reason why we should give young Rosey some game time. One thing's for sure though, Hawthorn can't win because the meek shall inherit the Earth. And the meek won't stand for their crap!
    Hmmm: I suspect the Pastor Begley may have a little bit of explaining to do on September 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    My expectations are very low for this probably on par with my expectations in 2012 when they travelled to Adelaide or 2006 when they played against WCE. I won't be disappointed if they lose, because, as we know, history seldom repeats itself. At least we get one home final.
    This year is different for me to 2012, as I expected us to win that game in Adelaide. Adelaide had such a soft draw, and whilst our late season form wasn't great, we had played some very, very solid football all year. I thought we had another gear, and that day proved it.

2015, I'm not so sure, but have some silly optimism about tomorrows games.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I thought we were about even money against the Crows in 2012. This one feels more like 2003 and 2013 - just hopeful.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    The bigger problem is Dean Margetts is umpiring. We have already experienced his extreme home town bias.
    But Margetts will be aiming for the GF. Any perceived bias and he is cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Well personally, I think you've gone off on too much of a tangent there.
    I agree. It's not a good sine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I agree. It's not a good sine.
    Cos Y?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hmmm: I suspect the Pastor Begley may have a little bit of explaining to do on September 29th.
    I wouldn't mind if he got it half right. Smiting Perth and Melbourne - I could live with that! We can take Adelaide easy in the grannie!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    You weren't at the game in 1911?! How old are you?!
    That'll teach me to have 2 thoughts at once... although I have felt about 104 a few times this year! More proof that men can't multitask... I can't anyway

/new thought
    I'd all but given up on us finishing any higher than 7th by R16, so everything to date is a bonus.
    One thing I learnt from Science is that the Universe doesn't usually give with one hand and taketh away with the other - notwithstanding Science not being an exact science(ish).
    After last year, I'm going into this weekend with no expectations, a comfy couch and plenty of booze!
    /end new thought

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Cos Y?
    Because your taking too big a slice of the Pi.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    If we win, I'd be surprised and very stoked.
    That's my mindset throughout the season lol
    Swannies for life!