Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy (merged thread)

I think Buddy has never been challenged enough by the AFL game. He is the greatest ever athlete to play the AFL game. He should have been better than Wayne Carey. He was taller, quicker, more agile and had a longer kick, but he never got to Carey's level. I believe he never gave the AFL game everything he had and that lack of a competitive challenge led to him focussing on off-field adventures. I've heard numerous private stories from people I trust about the intensity of Buddy's off-field activities.

As an athlete he never challenged himself to get to his highest level.

I contrast Buddy to Jarryd Hayne. Like Buddy, Jarryd was probably the best athlete in his original sport. Jarryd gave up the comfortable life for a far harder challenge. He now plays in the NFL where guys a faster than him and stronger than him. Jarryd has to focus each week to survive in the NFL. He has had to learn a play book and fit into a new culture. He is not an NFL superstar yet, but is getting better each week.

Jarryd took the hard road and challenged himself. I only wish Buddy had taken the same decision as Jarryd. Being challenged week to week is absorbing and gets the best out of you. There is no room for off-field silliness. It seems to me that the AFL game has never challenged Buddy enough and he should have looked for a harder challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by cartman48 View Post
    A Swans player (Who will remain nameless) told some former Sydney team mates that is was a third strike and the retirement will be to save the game the embarrassment of their biggest star being done for addiction. Also a second high profile Swan picked up a second strike at the same time (he will also remain nameless as they only get named after 3). The source is reliable but I also believe that the Swans have an out in Buddy's contract if he picks up a third strike.... Not trolling just information I heard from a pretty reliable source. Also heard as above where he is currently rehabilitating which fits. 3rd strike is usually a 12 week suspension I think, could be two years, wonder if he will make a come back in a few years with another club?

Sad really - even though he left Hawthorn for you guys he is still an amazing player to watch regardless of the Jumper he wears.
    I am hereby outing cartman48 as Cliff from Clematis. Could you check that out for me Torch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    This story has been confirmed by the cat of a neighbour who used to carpool with Buddy's third cousin's ex-wife ... they all wish to remain nameless, as apparently it gives the rumour credibility
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    I think Buddy has never been challenged enough by the AFL game. He is the greatest ever athlete to play the AFL game. He should have been better than Wayne Carey. He was taller, quicker, more agile and had a longer kick, but he never got to Carey's level. I believe he never gave the AFL game everything he had and that lack of a competitive challenge led to him focussing on off-field adventures. I've heard numerous private stories from people I trust about the intensity of Buddy's off-field activities.

As an athlete he never challenged himself to get to his highest level.

I contrast Buddy to Jarryd Hayne. Like Buddy, Jarryd was probably the best athlete in his original sport. Jarryd gave up the comfortable life for a far harder challenge. He now plays in the NFL where guys a faster than him and stronger than him. Jarryd has to focus each week to survive in the NFL. He has had to learn a play book and fit into a new culture. He is not an NFL superstar yet, but is getting better each week.

Jarryd took the hard road and challenged himself. I only wish Buddy had taken the same decision as Jarryd. Being challenged week to week is absorbing and gets the best out of you. There is no room for off-field silliness. It seems to me that the AFL game has never challenged Buddy enough and he should have looked for a harder challenge.
    Yep, it's official. Matt80 is BACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Just in time for the silly season.......
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

i hope the 4.53 is not what i think it is for ???
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i hope the 4.53 is not what i think it is for ???
    I'm not sure he'd be bragging about it if it was... ?

I am hereby outing cartman48 as Cliff from Clematis. Could you check that out for me Torch?

- - - Updated - - -

Posters were saying that in another thread. I don't know who that is. My ideas are mine and mine alone.

Goes up to 11
    It's not Matt - it's Jarryd.....

We are all speculating, and trying to read the body language of Horse, the players etc. Because of the gravity of the stated illness, you can't really air your thoughts.
    Will he be ever play another game? I have an opinion but pretty reluctant to state it here.
    Strong thoughts he recovers from his mental illness, whether that involves footy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    It's not Matt - it's Jarryd.....
    But what if Matt80 was really Jarryd ...

- - - Updated - - -
    Heeyyy! If you're implying I'm Matt80, I can categorically deny that!!

Could it be he was depressed so he took some drugs to cheer himself up?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'2, 220, 4.53 View Post
    Posters were saying that in another thread. I don't know who that is. My ideas are mine and mine alone.
    There are TWO???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Heeyyy! If you're implying I'm Matt80, I can categorically deny that!!
    No, not you, the guy with the vital statistics.