Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy (merged thread)

AFL Trade Rumours 2013 facebook page.
    Yeah your probably laughing, but sometimes these guys are onto things, ive seen it many many times before.
    Many people on there saying Franklin has had 3 strikes for illicit drugs and this is just a smoke screen. - I don't believe that though.
    Lets hope its all bull@@@@.

Quote Originally Posted by bloods2005 View Post
    AFL Trade Rumours 2013 facebook page.
    Well the 2013 Facebook page was right, he did decide on his future after the GF....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by bloods2005 View Post
    Hey guys,
    Rumours circulating online that Franklin is set to make a decision on his playing future after the grand final.
    I will be shocked if he retires, hes been my favourite player in the AFL for years, even at Hawthorn!
    What will happen if he retires, what about his contract?!

Chris.
    There is no way he is going to retire. When he sits down and thinks about things he will realise that he is who he is because of the AFL game.

Kinda upset with Franklin at the moment. Mental illness/drunk issues or not, he cost us the 2015 season. Hawthorn is laughing at us and I'm not happy.

Everyone has been so PC about it (Oh we gotta care about his health), which is understandable, but I have a feeling a lot of people, if they're honest, are just as upset as myself.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Kinda upset with Franklin at the moment. Mental illness/drunk issues or not, he cost us the 2015 season. Hawthorn is laughing at us and I'm not happy.

Everyone has been so PC about it (Oh we gotta care about his health), which is understandable, but I have a feeling a lot of people, if they're honest, are just as upset as myself.
    Would you feel the same if he had broken his leg, same thing a health issue.

What would you suggest he do differently?

Seriously? Basic humanity and a sense of proportion have little or nothing to do with political correctness. Time for the full-length mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Would you feel the same if he had broken his leg, same thing a health issue.
    Dunno. I'm going to wait and see whether it actually is depression or whatever. We may not know the truth until 2025 in a tell-all book. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a drug addiction problem.

I'm not defending him as readily as the politically correct crowd. Just waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Seriously? Basic humanity and a sense of proportion have little or nothing to do with political correctness. Time for the full-length mirror.
    If it turns out to be drug addiction? I'm not compassionate about something I don't know about.

Dunno. I'm going to wait and see whether it actually is depression or whatever. We may not know the truth until 2025 in a tell-all book. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a drug addiction problem.

I'm not defending him as readily as the politically correct crowd. Just waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

If it turns out to be drug addiction? I'm not compassionate about something I don't know about.
    The club has said it's a mental health issue. His team mates have said it's a mental health issue. His partner has said it's a mental health issue.

But you want to reserve any compassion until we're sure it's not drugs?

Well i think if he was on the ball park we wouldve beaten Freo and then been a 50/50 chance of beating Hawthorn with Jack and Parker back. But there is no point reminiscing in would have beens, especially with the severity of Franklins issue.

Nope. Not me. I trust the club.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by bungwahl View Post
    The club has said it's a mental health issue. His team mates have said it's a mental health issue. His partner has said it's a mental health issue.

But you want to reserve any compassion until we're sure it's not drugs?
    Addiction can be called a mental health issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Well i think if he was on the ball park we wouldve beaten Freo and then been a 50/50 chance of beating Hawthorn with Jack and Parker back. But there is no point reminiscing in would have beens, especially with the severity of Franklins issue.
    Yep. Time to move on to 2016. Still not happy about it though. Hope an explanation is given one day.