Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Buddy (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Up to 963 goals. There are 12 regular season games to go. If he plays all, averaging 3 a game (he's averaging 3.2 this season), he could get close to 1,000 in the last game of the season against Gold Coast.
    It's certainly feasible. Also, on the Swans all time goalkickers list, he's currently 9th on 383 goals. Just ahead of him are a player from the twenties, Ted Johnson, on 385 and Tony Morwood on 397.

Seriously, that was the best game Buddy has played in years.
    Even got a mark or two.
    Noice.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It's certainly feasible. Also, on the Swans all time goalkickers list, he's currently 9th on 383 goals. Just ahead of him are a player from the twenties, Ted Johnson, on 385 and Tony Morwood on 397.
    A great prospect although its unlikely he will play every remaining game this season. Its probably more realistic that he breaks the record early next season. It all really comes down to how his body holds up going forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    It still gives me joy to how many Hawthorn supporters we pissed off.

Had to rename their dogs and get tattoos removed.

Veteran Site Admin
    For those with access to Fox Footy, there’s a special airing tonight with Jordan Lewis interviewing Bud. It’s already aired once but the next scheduled airing is at 9.45pm tonight, in case anyone else is like me and watches AFL360 on delay so missed the heads-up. No doubt it will be repeated again over the next day or three.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For those with access to Fox Footy, there’s a special airing tonight with Jordan Lewis interviewing Bud. It’s already aired once but the next scheduled airing is at 9.45pm tonight, in case anyone else is like me and watches AFL360 on delay so missed the heads-up. No doubt it will be repeated again over the next day or three.
    Don't waste your time. Jordon Lewis is a good solid reason why ex players make poor footy commentators.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Don't waste your time. Jordon Lewis is a good solid reason why ex players make poor footy commentators.
    Each to their own. I think Lewis is one of the better commenters on footy, not that he has much competition.

This interview was, however, quite pedestrian.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Not a fan of most commentators. Would have thought he was more articulate than many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Not a fan of most commentators. Would have thought he was more articulate than many of them.
    He isnt too bad. But a lot of ex-players seem very sensitive about preserving their reputation in the AFL. Jordan Lewis talks about himself as much as Buddy in the interview.

Its an interesting comparison, as at one stage during the interview, some text came on the screen saying Jordan Lewis was 4 time premiership player. This is remarkable, and he wasnt carried either, because I think he won a norm smith as well, but I doubt anyone outside of AFL knows who he is, and I think he knows it.
    Buddy, only 2 flags, everyone knows. Thats success.

Each to their own. I think Lewis is one of the better commenters on footy, not that he has much competition.

This interview was, however, quite pedestrian.
    It was more that Buddy is not a good interviewee.

In summary, Jordy and Buddy talk about how they've transformed into a couple of old men with kids. It's evident that the life has been sucked out of them and they've moved into the slow lane, and I say that in a positive way.

Veteran Site Admin
    I really enjoyed watching the extended version of the TA interview with Buddy. Buddy seemed more engaged and relaxed talking with Armstrong than he did with Jordan Lewis. And I daresay the questions showed a bit more imagination too.

As an aside, can anyone identify the park where the interview was held? From the view of the city and the bridge in the background, I think it must be somewhere along the south harbour shoreline, which is a part of Sydney I'm not familiar with, Watson's Bay aside. It could be South Head, maybe? Apart from there, I don't think you can see the city skyline quite so clearly in Watson Bay itself, though there is a good view in The Gap Park just up the hill.

As an aside, can anyone identify the park where the interview was held?
    Pretty sure it's Dudley Page Reserve. I surmise he likely lives near there. Is that why you ask?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526