Thread: All Australian 2015

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All Australian 2015

Only the 2 Swans, JPK and Hanners, named in the initial squad of 40. Full list here.

Even not having the best of seasons as a team it does seem a little low, but I expect both of them to make the final AA team. Excellent year from both guys, finished first and second overall for average disposals in the comp.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Isaac Heeney stiff to miss out

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the Brownlow medalist missed out last year, so it's fitting the norm smith medalist will miss this year.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Joey will get in on his contested possessions, sounds a bit funny but I think Hanners will not be selected.

Backs: Shaw, Rance, Mc Govern/Gibson
    Half backs: Laird, Hurley, Mitchell/Murphy
    Mids: Fyfe, Joey, Pendlebury
    Ruck: Goldstein
    Wings: Dangerfield and Mundy/Neale
    Half Forwards: Wingard, Stringer, Martin
    Forwards: Kennedy, Cameron, Betts
    Bench: Naitanui, Mundy/Neale, Mitchell/Murphy, Gray/Higgins

But you can't take it away from Hanners, Coaches must rate him.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'll be amazed if Hanners doesn't make the final team. I think they'll find a spot for Josh too, with his quiet month post baby birth the only slight blot on his season.

Other than North, every other finalist has multiple players in the squad. I think it's fair enough that we just have the two - no-one else has been consistent enough. But I do think they'll both make the team. Regardless of the fact we've not had many great, rousing wins, we did still win the same number of H&A games as the Hawks, half a game less than the Eagles and just one game fewer than the Dockers.

Veterans List
    Only two named which is fair and both will make the team. You can't be ALFCA POTY and not be in the best 22, and Joey is the best inside mid so also a lock.

Other players weren't of a high enough standard for long enough over the season.

Quote Originally Posted by WauchopeAnalyst View Post
    Joey will get in on his contested possessions, sounds a bit funny but I think Hanners will not be selected.

Backs: Shaw, Rance, Mc Govern/Gibson
    Half backs: Laird, Hurley, Mitchell/Murphy
    Mids: Fyfe, Joey, Pendlebury
    Ruck: Goldstein
    Wings: Dangerfield and Mundy/Neale
    Half Forwards: Wingard, Stringer, Martin
    Forwards: Kennedy, Cameron, Betts
    Bench: Naitanui, Mundy/Neale, Mitchell/Murphy, Gray/Higgins

But you can't take it away from Hanners, Coaches must rate him.
    I don't feel informed enough to come up with my own entire team (especially the back half) but I think Hanners and Joey will surely make the cut. I think Swan and Priddis get in ahead of Pendles and Neale. Would have Taylor Walker ahead of Dustin Martin - that makes for a tall forward line but they are still pretty mobile - and no taller than our own forward line at the Swans with Buddy, Tippett, Reid, Goodes. Not sure about Laird and Higgins, I think I'd leave them out but otherwise like your team. Mitchell's versatility improves his chances of being squeezed in. Like the way you've found space for him down back.

I thought Grundy has had an outstanding year.

Only problem is, if you're not in Melbourne the commentators have to be saying every week "he should come into all-australian contention" to have a shot.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.