Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes

Chris Judd today:

"I don't think I played against an opponent who showed greater sportsmanship than Goodesy and what he's done on and off the field isn't matched by very many."

Read more: Chris Judd says 'isolated incidents' in Adam Goodes saga tarnished Perth crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Chris Judd today:

"I don't think I played against an opponent who showed greater sportsmanship than Goodesy and what he's done on and off the field isn't matched by very many."

Read more: Chris Judd says 'isolated incidents' in Adam Goodes saga tarnished Perth crowds
    In the same article Judd totally whitewashes the level of abuse Goodes received: He says "Of those 40,000 people 39,990 probably acted exactly how they should and there was a couple of lunatics and thought they were part of the game instead of watching it."

Thus he asserts that only 10 West Coast supporters booed Goodes, or .025% of the crowd of 40,000. 10 people (in his words 'a couple of lunatics') can't possibly make that much noise. That's rewriting history on a very large scale.

Also - what difference does it make if you're watching the game or part of it? Does playing the game make the racism ok?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Jude makes the point that had to be made. Kudos to him

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Jude makes the point that had to be made. Kudos to him
    Judd (not Jude) makes three claims:

1. Goodes is a great player.

2. Only 10 West Coast Eagles fans abused him.

3. Its kind of OK to racially abuse someone if you're playing the game, not if you're a spectator.

Do you also give him kudos for points 2 and 3 or just 1?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Probably the greatest swan player of all time.
    Without a doubt in my opinion .

I have a WCE fan friend who I have fallen out with over the Goodes saga due to his redneck views

He said to a mutual friend of ours "Adam Goodes is MP's hero"...

And it was meant as an insult. When I heard I got quite emotional because I realised he IS a hero of mine and I was proud to turn that pathetic insult into something I felt proud about.

And I love that as a middle aged man I am not too old in life to still have heroes - thanks Goodesy for making me look into my own soul, look at my own views and prejudices and become a better person....

Well said MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    In the same article Judd totally whitewashes the level of abuse Goodes received: He says "Of those 40,000 people 39,990 probably acted exactly how they should and there was a couple of lunatics and thought they were part of the game instead of watching it."

Thus he asserts that only 10 West Coast supporters booed Goodes, or .025% of the crowd of 40,000. 10 people (in his words 'a couple of lunatics') can't possibly make that much noise. That's rewriting history on a very large scale.

Also - what difference does it make if you're watching the game or part of it? Does playing the game make the racism ok?
    That was about the Freo guy punching the woman last week not the Goodes thing.

Its hard not to love Judd loved his response in his retirement presser when asked how would you like to be remembered 7min mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EckuLLy2txo

Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Judd (not Jude) makes three claims:

1. Goodes is a great player.

2. Only 10 West Coast Eagles fans abused him.

3. Its kind of OK to racially abuse someone if you're playing the game, not if you're a spectator.

Do you also give him kudos for points 2 and 3 or just 1?
    I understand (and share) your emotion on this issue but:

1. Absolutely agree

2. I think you are taking Judd too literally. Yes that's the mathematical calculation of what he said. What I think he meant was that he believed there were a majority of true footy-loving WCE fans who would not abuse or boo Goodes. (Which hopefully is true but may not be).

3. I absolutely think you have taken this comment too literally. I think what Judd was saying is that the fans who booed were more interested in their own 'contribution' to the game than watching the play. I don't think for a moment that Judd was saying it's ok for a player to racially abuse another player out on the field.

Anyway, I posted the Judd quote only because I was pleased that one retiring Brownlow medallist was admiring and respectful of another, our own Adam Goodes.

And for the record, I hope that Adam does not give even one thug the chance to boo him by taking part in the GF parade. He will get an overwhelmingly thunderous, positive and loving salute at the SCG next season.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Apologies for confusion above. I had earlier read this article where Judd had nothing but praise for Goodes

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/...-1227551261773

Hence I missed the stuff in the link above from the Age

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Without a doubt in my opinion .

I have a WCE fan friend who I have fallen out with over the Goodes saga due to his redneck views

He said to a mutual friend of ours "Adam Goodes is MP's hero"...

And it was meant as an insult. When I heard I got quite emotional because I realised he IS a hero of mine and I was proud to turn that pathetic insult into something I felt proud about.

And I love that as a middle aged man I am not too old in life to still have heroes - thanks Goodesy for making me look into my own soul, look at my own views and prejudices and become a better person....
    And never too old to discard friends you no longer want to associate with for certain reasons. Your life is usually better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    And never too old to discard friends you no longer want to associate with for certain reasons. Your life is usually better for it.
    Aint that the truth.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    I have a friend who calls herself a Swans supporter although she couldn't name a single player other than Adam who she always said is her 'favourite'.

We were having lunch the week of 'I Stand With Adam' and I mentioned how great it was that he was getting support and how disgusting the treatment of him was and she then uttered the fateful words 'but he brought it on himself'

I stood up and wrapped my veggie burger in a serviette as the food had just arrived and left ....
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast