Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Brownlow

2015 Brownlow

Congrats to the Swans ... 2 in the rope five! Well done Joey & Dan great season for both of you

Very proud

Only club with a cluster at the top end. That's our midfield people!!! Joey and Dan. Love it to pieces.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Only club with a cluster at the top end. That's our midfield people!!! Joey and Dan. Love it to pieces.
    Special mention to Tommy too! I might put $10 a year on him in the pre-season to take Chas home. I'm sure he's got one in him!

Veterans List
    Yes, well done to both of them. If Joey had a better first half of the season, it was his for the taking, he came home like a train. 94 team votes to the Swans is top 3 or 4 I believe, so well done team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Special mention to Tommy too! I might put $10 a year on him in the pre-season to take Chas home. I'm sure he's got one in him!
    Here's my pre season Brownlow bets for the next three years; 2016-Joey, 2017-Tommy, 2018-Isaac!!....Sorry Hanners!! PS; Must add that Nat Fyfe appears to be a fine young man, he'd fit right in at the Swans. Congrats to him, he's a gun.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 29th September 2015 at 12:48 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    PS; Must add that Nat Fyfe appears to be a fine young man, he'd fit right in at the Swans. Congrats to him, he's a gun.
    Hear hear! (Or is that here here!?? - I always have a mental block on this one.)

He was a deserved winner. One of the best halves of seasons I think we'll ever see. Well, until he does it again next year. It was better than Ablett's the year before. I do think his strength highlights Freo's weakness a bit, though. They did have a few other midfield players poll well - Mundy, Neale and Sandilands. But on the basis of this year, you'd have to reckon Freo's success depends on Fyfe playing brilliantly for extended periods.

To some extent, two Swans players in the top 5 indicates too much of a concentration. In particular, it highlights that Jack and McVeigh had patchy seasons. But its encouraging that we had Parker and Mitchell as two young midfielders also showing they can attract votes (ie that they can be matchwinners) in addition to Kennedy and Hanners. And the umpires already know who Heeney is. He'll likely poll well throughout his career - for as long as he retains his flowing blonde locks, anyway.

Finally, it was nice to see the old bloke still capable of picking up vote or two.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    For all the doom and gloom of the past few weeks, it's still important to note that our midfield of Hannebery, Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Mitchell, McVeigh with Heeney to feature more next year as well as the inclusion of Mills and with Tippett rucking, is one of - if not - the best in the comp. It's also relatively young when compared to the midfields of Hawthorn, Freo etc.

With that core of players there's no reason to think we'll be dropping out of the top 5-6 any time in the next few years.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Warming the Bench
    Backed Goodesy to poll a vote $3
    snuck one in the 'spear throwing' Carlton game.

Thanks for the retirement present

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Backed Goodesy to poll a vote $3
    snuck one in the 'spear throwing' Carlton game.

Thanks for the retirement present
    He got another 1 or 2 in one of the last games as well didn't he?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    He got another 1 or 2 in one of the last games as well didn't he?
    In our eyes he did.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    So proud to have 2 of our boys in the top 5 ????.
    A shame they couldn't have finished above Mitchell!

Senior Player
    Shame on Dan and Josh for taking votes off eachother !
    Naah - well done lads - great scores !

By the by , it was refreshing to hear Michael Barlow's humorous comments - much better than the standard 'vanilla' platitudes we often get from sportspeople.
    I suggest an award for wittiest player be named after him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast