Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two more years for BJ

Senior Player

Two more years for BJ

Article here about Brandon and his contract extension. With us till the end of 2017
    Jack looking to step out of the shadows

Veterans List
    Let's hope he does step out of the shadow because we need him to be AFL standard, our depth is almost non existent.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He has the speed and determination and the most important skills - tackling, supporting and kicking to advantage. I think this year will be a breakout for him. If so, the team will benefit noticeably.

Incidentally - isn't he right-footed? Good to see him practising on the left foot.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

He showed some promising glimpses late in the season. Could be our pseudo Jetta replacement- slightly down on speed and skill , but significantly up in hardness

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    He has the speed and determination and the most important skills - tackling, supporting and kicking to advantage. I think this year will be a breakout for him. If so, the team will benefit noticeably.

Incidentally - isn't he right-footed? Good to see him practising on the left foot.
    He is very much left footed with basically no right foot to speak of...much like big brother.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    He is very much left footed with basically no right foot to speak of...much like big brother.
    Ah well, I take comfort from the last words. And I hope he works on his right foot.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Ah well, I take comfort from the last words. And I hope he works on his right foot.
    He is definitely a much more penetrating kick than Kieran though...and generally more accurate! Really hope he has a big year in '16.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

He's also smart, which will hopefully help him continue to learn and improve after his late start with Aussie Rules.

We need his pace. All our quickest players are not embedded in the 22: Rohan, Towers, Hiscox, BJ. And would McGlynn be one of the next quickest? At least a couple of them need to make good lest we became a plodding team.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    He's also smart, which will hopefully help him continue to learn and improve after his late start with Aussie Rules.

We need his pace. All our quickest players are not embedded in the 22: Rohan, Towers, Hiscox, BJ. And would McGlynn be one of the next quickest? At least a couple of them need to make good lest we became a plodding team.
    I was partnered in a boxing class with this lovely young lady who knew the Jack boys. In between hitting my mitts quite hard she was saying how she went to the same High School in Pennant Hills that the Jack boys attended. She said they were both terrific blokes who were very polite and both were very intelligent.

Both the Jack boys are a credit to the Swans organisation and both contribute significantly to the amazing club culture that the Swans are renowned for.

I contrast the wonderful conduct of the Jack boys compared to the disgraceful behaviour of Dustin Martin and Lewis Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronk View Post
    I was partnered in a boxing class with this lovely young lady who knew the Jack boys. In between hitting my mitts quite hard she was saying how she went to the same High School in Pennant Hills that the Jack boys attended. She said they were both terrific blokes who were very polite and both were very intelligent.

Both the Jack boys are a credit to the Swans organisation and both contribute significantly to the amazing club culture that the Swans are renowned for.

I contrast the wonderful conduct of the Jack boys compared to the disgraceful behaviour of Dustin Martin and Lewis Taylor.
    I'm sure they're nice boys, but let's not get too smug.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    It's the same Ol' rubbish from Matt mk (?). Knows someone who knows someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    It's the same Ol' rubbish from Matt mk (?). Knows someone who knows someone.
    Mark III.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast