Thread: would the Swans benefit with a GF in NSW ?

would the Swans benefit with a GF in NSW ?

obviously

Hawthorn hasn't had to play a fellow Victorian team that has constant access to the MCG via other games in any of the 3 GFs

i think that if the Swans are going to be respected along with the other states it is time the States get on fight for a rotated annual GF in each state

it is time to start at the very core of breaking up the VFL culture and this would be a very clever PR spin to attack Eddie and the lads on what really is fair !

the constant garbage in the papers day after day re academies and picks VS all the father son picks the Vic clubs got for so many years but now swept under the carpet is just ridiculous !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Obviously. Biggest rort in the game

In front of 40,000 fans. That'd look good.

I think you want to maximise attendance and at the moment the MCG is the only ground in the country capable of holding 100,000 people.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

i just think this needs to be the spin to combat the spin from the vfl

i also wonder how much advantage a team like hawthorn have gained by playing their every second week and the finals GF etc

it is massive in my opinion

sound bytes count unfortunately and we need more leverage to start being able to have some weight behind our negotiations!

what is happening to the COLA and the northern state academies is only the first step the likes of eddie will be taking
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    I'd benefit from a unicorn for Xmas too but that ain't gonna happen either....

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    In front of 40,000 fans. That'd look good.

I think you want to maximise attendance and at the moment the MCG is the only ground in the country capable of holding 100,000 people.
    If the AFL grand final cant sell out anywhere in australia thats a reflection of the game not tge state

I am a traditionalist and there can be no argument that the MCG is the spiritual home of the game and probably of sport in this country. I also think the advantage is lessened for the GF as the event just takes over.

I'd be against the Grand Final ever being moved and it won't ever happen.

What I don't like, however, is that this natural advantage for the Melbourne Clubs is conveniently forgotten when peanuts like Eddie and Clarko start carping in about their level playing field.

I'd really like to see us, and all the interstate clubs (but especially the northern states) start to call Eddie et al out about this a bit more aggressively. Look at it this way, we have the following disadvantages

* A minority sport in our state
    * Go home factor that is exacerbated by the high cost of living in Sydney
    * Higher number of interstate games
    * Low number of games at the SCG
    * Lower off-field income opportunities for our players than for those in traditional football states

And as soon as we get a mechanism to address some of these issues in the form of the academy we get accused of destroying the game. I simply don't want us to let Eddie get away with any more, and I mean ANY, of his cheap shots and mindless whingeing without formal and public rebuttal. He is abusing his role in the media to push a personal vendetta that is contrary to the interests of the game and he needs to be called out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I am a traditionalist and there can be no argument that the MCG is the spiritual home of the game and probably of sport in this country. I also think the advantage is lessened for the GF as the event just takes over.

I'd be against the Grand Final ever being moved and it won't ever happen.

What I don't like, however, is that this natural advantage for the Melbourne Clubs is conveniently forgotten when peanuts like Eddie and Clarko start carping in about their level playing field.

I'd really like to see us, and all the interstate clubs (but especially the northern states) start to call Eddie et al out about this a bit more aggressively. Look at it this way, we have the following disadvantages

* A minority sport in our state
    * Go home factor that is exacerbated by the high cost of living in Sydney
    * Higher number of interstate games
    * Low number of games at the SCG
    * Lower off-field income opportunities for our players than for those in traditional football states

And as soon as we get a mechanism to address some of these issues in the form of the academy we get accused of destroying the game. I simply don't want us to let Eddie get away with any more, and I mean ANY, of his cheap shots and mindless whingeing without formal and public rebuttal. He is abusing his role in the media to push a personal vendetta that is contrary to the interests of the game and he needs to be called out.
    Couldn't agree more with every point...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09