Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Expectations & Predictions

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    David King pulled up an interesting stat last night: we are 2nd in the league for speed of rebounding, if I remember correctly. When the others expressed surprise he then said we see what we want to see.
    Does the speed of rebounding reflect a penchant to bomb it into the forwards?
    Is it a good thing, giving the opposition defence no time to organise?
    Would it be better to lose some of that speed in return for more considered targeting?
    I'm interested to hear your views.

Also, Mooney put Norf at top two and the flag - I just can't see that and reckon they will drop out of the eight.
    I'd much rather we didn't bomb long in hope - it rarely comes off for us. Without any stats in front of me, I'd guess that our numbers for opposition marks in our forward 50 (and they're often uncontested) are pretty damning.

Warming the Bench
    I went to the game on Friday night and if that is our best side we can field with the current injury list we will be lucky to win a game before we play Essendon in round 7.
    Our foot skills are terrible, our accuracy and Carlton's inaccuracy for goal was the different's on Friday, in general play they were the better team.

Im a bit more bullish.
    We lost Pyke, Shaw, Goodes, Jetta.
    Pyke is more than replaced, i think the same can be said with Shaw with the emergence of some younger guys. Lloyd/Mills/Cunningham/Heeney etc
    Jetta goes the same as Shaw, he was a great player but totally coached out of significance, fwd/back/wing etc etc Did nothing without the ball at least Rohan chases
    McVeigh when healthy will be out of the Mids and steady us down back and help us up forward with Jack who i think will be alot more fwd
    Reid can play the 3rd/4th option as a fwd, would love to see him and buddy rotate up the ground
    The 90 Cap will help us as we are grinders not full blown runners.
    I like Longmire more than most but hopefully someone like Kirk can shake up our structure a bit so we arent so predictable.
    Teddy is a big key for us hopefully Talia can play a bit but this day an age a key back can be covered with Team Defense.
    Would love to see Mcglynn back he is our Barometer, his Midfield jolly is finished and will hopefully play 14-16 games as a fwd pocket.
    I think Buddy will be fine and i hope will spend more time at HFF due to our new ruck combo having to rest forward.
    He is a better field kick than goal kick and the SCG should see him further up the ground as 10m inside the wing he is a shot on goal
    Its alot like 2012, we had 2 yrs of getting games into some young players, now is there chance to shine.
    So i think we can do what we did last year and the real gains will need to be made in the coaches box, we have the personnel

Senior Player
    Ted not in 'permitted to play' list for reserves this weekend????

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    What is this requirement for?

Does it mean all the other ressies players need permission too and are not playing?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Yes I wonder what it means too.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    This seem to indicate that he wont be picked against Collingwood. However it may be that, if he is fit enough, they will select him without he playing in any practice matches. If this happens it will be a very risky selection.

Senior Player
    Only five players allowed to play though ? Can hardly be called a Sydney swans Neafl team. That's what is confusing to me

Ugg has a likely explanation on the preseason practice games thread.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ugg has a likely explanation on the preseason practice games thread.
    Just saw it thanks meg. Makes sense

Seems the Swans, who many 'experts' tip to drop out of the 8, are favorites up against the golden boys Collingwood in round 1.
    A team the Swans have struggled with of late.
    Underdogs, but favorites
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Reckon it's a down year but that is ok. We've been up for a long time. Finals would be a pleasant surprise and expecting to get some enjoyment from seeing next gen players coming through.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast