Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help shape RWO, post your feedback here

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Clicked on footy forums, got sub forums, didn't include open chat.
    I should really have said go back to ‘Forums’. There are two major headings under ‘Forums’: ‘Footy forums’ (which you are looking at) and ‘Other stuff not footy’. ‘Open chat’ is under the second heading.

Clicked on footy forums, got sub forums, didn't include open chat.
    Open chat is a mythical place few have ever been to. If you do find it, you'll be very lonely there.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Open chat is a mythical place few have ever been to. If you do find it, you'll be very lonely there.
    It's where all efforts to challenge mind-numbing stupidity go to die.

Senior Player
    Got to the mythical place on my iPad easily. Remains a myth on my desk top!

Veteran Site Admin
    Got to the mythical place on my iPad easily. Remains a myth on my desk top!
    if you start at the url RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com (ie the forums homepage), it is very easy to see all the forums available to posters - AFL, local footy, technical help forum, competitions forum as well as Open Chat and the Sandpit.

I've never understood why some people find it so hard to navigate to these forums. Plenty of other posters do find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    It's where all efforts to challenge mind-numbing stupidity go to die.
    It's where posters can discuss anything not to do with football, and thus leave the main footy forum free for just footy talk, something a large number of our posters much prefer. (We know because they've told us so.)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

It's where posters can discuss anything not to do with football, and thus leave the main footy forum free for just footy talk, something a large number of our posters much prefer. (We know because they've told us so.)
    Yep. Like I said.

No one goes to open chat, even fewer can find it, and sure as the sun sets in the west, no one discusses anything there.

Mods, time to re-align with reality and just delete the posts/threads you don't like.

No one goes to open chat, even fewer can find it ....
    I have never understood why there is a problem. I read RWO through Tapatalk on an iPad. I get all discussions into my feed. So all new posts - from any part of RWO including Open chat, NSW footy, AFLW etc, etc - automatically appear in my ‘unread’ stream.

It’s years since I have viewed RWO through the website - but isn’t there a similar way to see headings of all new posts in RWO through the web as well?

Veteran Site Admin
    No one goes to open chat, even fewer can find it, and sure as the sun sets in the west, no one discusses anything there.

Mods, time to re-align with reality and just delete the posts/threads you don't like.
    If you're someone who chooses not to navigate to other forums, posts and threads moved to more appropriate forums are already effectively deleted for you. To completely delete them would deny the ability of those who do choose to navigate to other forums to continue the discussions there.

Posts and thread aren't deleted (or moved) according to whether the moderating team likes them or not. They are deleted or moved in accordance with the published forum posting guidelines, which are quite clearly published at the top of every forum.
    Last edited by liz; 23rd November 2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Nobody goes to the other forums.

Nobody goes to the other forums.
    Well not quite nobody - but if few read them, then that probably indicates few are interested in them on a footy site.

RWO doesn't have the traffic to warrant sub forums. That is why no one goes there.

Just be honest, and delete posts you don't like rather than put on this charade of 'other forums'

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast