Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help shape RWO, post your feedback here

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I have never understood why there is a problem. I read RWO through Tapatalk on an iPad. I get all discussions into my feed. So all new posts - from any part of RWO including Open chat, NSW footy, AFLW etc, etc - automatically appear in my ‘unread’ stream.

It’s years since I have viewed RWO through the website - but isn’t there a similar way to see headings of all new posts in RWO through the web as well?

Open Chat comes up automatically on my ipad under other stuff as you suggested Meg. On my laptop which I prefer to use as it is virtually brand new, have tried everything to no avail. Not a computer guru as I'm of a certain age, but not a total dunce and reasonably computer literate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Open Chat comes up automatically on my ipad under other stuff as you suggested Meg. On my laptop which I prefer to use as it is virtually brand new, have tried everything to no avail. Not a computer guru as I'm of a certain age, but not a total dunce and reasonably computer literate.
    What happens when you click on this link:

RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

When browsing the mobile site on my Samsung, clicking this link flicks me to the Tapatalk home screen momentarily and then I end up back here.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    When browsing the mobile site on my Samsung, clicking this link flicks me to the Tapatalk home screen momentarily and then I end up back here.
    And on a PC (or Mac) rather than mobile device?

Senior Player

Same as I described. Don't worry if it remains a mystery, just a bit inconvenient.

Senior Player
    And on a PC (or Mac) rather than mobile device?
    I'm on my laptop now, just noticed after I submitted my last post, I clicked on red and white online banner heading and the open chat etc was there. I went out and came back in and it was gone again.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'm on my laptop now, just noticed after I submitted my last post, I clicked on red and white online banner heading and the open chat etc was there. I went out and came back in and it was gone again.
    Are you logged in? Some forums are only visible to registered members, so if you're not logged in you may not be able to see them.

I generally use Microsoft Edge as my browser but just opened the forum home page using Google Chrome (the only other browser I have installed). As I don't generally access the site using Chrome, I wasn't logged in and could only see the football forums. Once I logged in I could see all forums.

Senior Player
    Are you logged in? Some forums are only visible to registered members, so if you're not logged in you may not be able to see them.

I generally use Microsoft Edge as my browser but just opened the forum home page using Google Chrome (the only other browser I have installed). As I don't generally access the site using Chrome, I wasn't logged in and could only see the football forums. Once I logged in I could see all forums.
    Logged in on laptop and it all came up. Funny how it all comes up on ipad regardless. Thanks Liz, appreciate it, even if it is a bit embarrassing!

Veteran Site Admin
    Logged in on laptop and it all came up. Funny how it all comes up on ipad regardless. Thanks Liz, appreciate it, even if it is a bit embarrassing!
    Not sure it should be embarrassing. I was scratching my head trying to work out why you couldn't see it so I'm glad we've found the answer. I hadn't realised (or had forgotten) that guests can't see the non-football forums. I am not entirely sure why that is but I have an inkling there is a good reason (ie I have a suspicion about why but don't know for sure).

On your ipad you've probably ticked a box that keeps you logged in at all times. If you don't have that ticked on your PC you'll probably find that if you navigate away from RWO and then come back, you will be logged out. I generally keep that box ticked so I don't have to log in each time.

Senior Player
    Not sure it should be embarrassing. I was scratching my head trying to work out why you couldn't see it so I'm glad we've found the answer. I hadn't realised (or had forgotten) that guests can't see the non-football forums. I am not entirely sure why that is but I have an inkling there is a good reason (ie I have a suspicion about why but don't know for sure).

On your ipad you've probably ticked a box that keeps you logged in at all times. If you don't have that ticked on your PC you'll probably find that if you navigate away from RWO and then come back, you will be logged out. I generally keep that box ticked so I don't have to log in each time.
    OK. Thx again.

Blog Entries
    This is what most people should see when looking at the forum page:

Capture.JPG - Google Drive

Happy and I know it
    Hi Dan, R&WO website always comes up as "Not Secure" in the address bar in Chrome on my laptop. Is that something that can be fixed?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast