Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Help shape RWO, post your feedback here

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Hi Dan, R&WO website always comes up as "Not Secure" in the address bar in Chrome on my laptop. Is that something that can be fixed?
    It's not a big deal Erica, Google has gone a bit uppity about it of late. I'll add it as a fix soon though.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Do we have the ability to block posts from certain posters if we want? If not, is this a function that could be added?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Do we have the ability to block posts from certain posters if we want? If not, is this a function that could be added?
    I don't have Facebook or any of those other ones like it, but my understanding is on Facebook you can "unfriend" someone you don't
    want to hear from. Someone I know told me one of their own kids had "unfriended" them. Seemed a bit harsh. Can't you just ignore
    the posts from people you don't want to know what they are saying?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I don't have Facebook or any of those other ones like it, but my understanding is on Facebook you can "unfriend" someone you don't
    want to hear from. Someone I know told me one of their own kids had "unfriended" them. Seemed a bit harsh. Can't you just ignore
    the posts from people you don't want to know what they are saying?
    Have learnt to ignore even though I have been sorely tempted a few times but resisted in order to give no satisfaction to the poster.

Yeah, there's plenty of posts I ignore. And also I find that some of the posters I might be most tempted to block also post some great stuff at times. However, I wasn't sure whether we have the capacity or the option to block. It sounds like we don't. I don't think it could hurt to have the option but nor am I sure I would use it if I had the option.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I'm sure this site used to, or maybe it was Big footy, have a feature to block certain posters.
    It was really useful because certain posters are always trying to twist a topic into some personal vendetta, so by blocking them, you'd be blissfully unaware. Those types of posters have very little of value to say anyway, so the signal to noise ratio was always minimal. You weren't missing much.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    If you really want to block every post by a particular member, just add that members name to your Ignore List.

The "Edit Ignore List" is in the "My Account" part of "My Settings" - If you can't see it, you're probably using a phone or tablet and you'll probably need to go to the full RWO site.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    FWIW re the edits to the thread title to the initially titled 'Chad Warner' thread (now with reference to his Rising Star nomination: I posted with the ambition of setting up a perpetual 'Chad Warner' thread for ongoing discussion. Interested in your thoughts on that kind of approach generally. Perhaps a thread topic like 'Player Discussion' could work?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    FWIW re the edits to the thread title to the initially titled 'Chad Warner' thread (now with reference to his Rising Star nomination: I posted with the ambition of setting up a perpetual 'Chad Warner' thread for ongoing discussion. Interested in your thoughts on that kind of approach generally. Perhaps a thread topic like 'Player Discussion' could work?
    I don't mind the idea, just note that if there is a specific situation/key news with a player, it will get lost in the thread history. You could start a player thread to discuss their performance, stats, etc (specific that in the title), could avoid the issue for the most part.

EDIT: yes I'm still around, just had new addition to the family that has consumed my time
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    I don't mind the idea, just note that if there is a specific situation/key news with a player, it will get lost in the thread history. You could start a player thread to discuss their performance, stats, etc (specific that in the title), could avoid the issue for the most part.

EDIT: yes I'm still around, just had new addition to the family that has consumed my time
    This may have been addressed before but is there a facility to go into a post previously read but starts you at the updated threads you have not read ?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456