Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nomination for our pre-game pump up song

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Yeah..what IS the point of Sweet Caroline? I know the Boston Red Sox use it but Diamond is a big fan and close to the club.
    completely cringeworthy. Wish they'd stop playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Yeah I like Sweet Caroline, but it has nothing to do with being inspirational other than a nice sing along.

I'd rotate songs, for a bit for fun. Need songs that everyone knows.

Up There With Sydney
    Up There Cazaly
    Boys Will Be Boys - Choirboys
    Pressure - Billy Joel
    Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
    Heroes - David Bowie
    No Second Prize - Jimmy Barnes
    I Love It Loud by Kiss would be awesome because it has the same kind of beat as We Will Rock You, as well as an easy to sing along bit.
    Likewise, Radio Ga Ga by Queen would sound amazing with everyone clapping along.
    Let's Go Crazy - Prince
    Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
    We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister (if we're down at half times etc)
    You had me at I Love It Loud. Oh yeah!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Doesn't mean we can't use it as well. United we stand etc.
    I don't particularly like this song but that is beside the point (showing my age?)

Off topic a little but what is the point of Sweet Caroline?
    Thanks for asking that Yvonne!
    I travelled up from Melbourne for the Goodesy farewell on Saturday and was bemused by the use of Sweet Caroline. Don't get me wrong - I'm old enough to remember and like the song but can't see how it fits in at a Swans game.
    One season in the 80s, Collingwood would enter the ground to "We Can't Be Beaten" by Rose Tattoo. Hate to compliment the Pies but it was very effective!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    One season in the 80s, Collingwood would enter the ground to "We Can't Be Beaten" by Rose Tattoo. Hate to compliment the Pies but it was very effective!
    Did they win?
    haha
    That's the problem with using that song, imagine at opposition supporters chanting it down the ramps after the game
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Venga Bus.

Did they win?
    haha
    That's the problem with using that song, imagine at opposition supporters chanting it down the ramps after the game
    That's a bit like Carlton a few years back, when they came up with their arrogance before achievement slogan of, "they can hear us coming!" Unfortunately for Carlton fans leaving early, after yet another massive loss, the words, "we can see you going", could occasionally be heard.

Yeah I like Sweet Caroline, but it has nothing to do with being inspirational other than a nice sing along.

I'd rotate songs, for a bit for fun. Need songs that everyone knows.

Up There With Sydney
    Up There Cazaly
    Boys Will Be Boys - Choirboys
    Pressure - Billy Joel
    Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
    Heroes - David Bowie
    No Second Prize - Jimmy Barnes
    I Love It Loud by Kiss would be awesome because it has the same kind of beat as We Will Rock You, as well as an easy to sing along bit.
    Likewise, Radio Ga Ga by Queen would sound amazing with everyone clapping along.
    Let's Go Crazy - Prince
    Let Me Entertain You - Robbie Williams
    We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister (if we're down at half times etc)
    I quite like Neil Diamond but I'd like some variety. Clearly not a pre-game fire up but one to loosen the nerves at the first quarter change perhaps?

Amarillo by Tony Christie would get my vote

Hermes House Band - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo ft. Tony Christie - YouTube

Can never go wrong with a bit of AC DC.

Just pick a singer that's a fan of ours and use their song... no wait wait... don't do that. I hate Delta Goodrem.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Off topic a little but what is the point of Sweet Caroline?
    Excellent question on many levels.

I can only think it's a tactic to confuse the opposition/their supporters, by planting that very question in their heads and having them search for a non-existent answer.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Excellent question on many levels.

I can only think it's a tactic to confuse the opposition/their supporters, by planting that very question in their heads and having them search for a non-existent answer.
    I can see the logic behind that. Perhaps we should double up on the tactic and run out accompanied by the inspirational tones of the Benny Hill theme? Or maybe take the confusion to the max and make our entrance to Monty Python's, Every Sperm Is Sacred?

What about the 'Ride of the Valkyries' by Richard Wagner. We could have video accompaniment on the big screen showing the Swans' players thundering in on horseback scooping up the bodies of the opposition.

Oops, just remembered the bodies are supposed to be fallen heroes - h'mm, I might have to re-think the imagery!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    .. by planting that very question in their heads and having them search for a non-existent answer.
    Who is Caroline and why is she so sweet? Is she the same Caroline as Concrete Blonde's Caroline? Is Outkast singing about the same lady? Or are Status Quo the only one to really know who she really is?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast