Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 5 Match Day Thread Swans V West Coast 13.45pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He is still around about 25 at my last count, so is his partner. His son is four. His daughter two. All of their families are in W.A. They have managed here without them, had two babies, etc etc. Of course he wanted/they wanted to go home, especially before Lewis Jnr starts school. I wish them well and I do not expect to see them back again at the Swans. Love him to pieces, but lets be realistic.
    Don't get me wrong. I said it was unlikely. & that he has my well wishes whatever happens. One of my favourite things is a full sized Lewis Jetta Swans height chart that he signed to me. Look forward to having a kid & putting the chart up to measure their height as they grow up

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Not sure about the booing of Jetta, didn't really notice it at all from Bay 4. I have since watched the replay and find it quite odd how audible it was :S
    The only time it was obvious was when he lined up for goal, which was just a bit of panto. I may have heard it once quietly at another stage but that's it. If it happened more than that it was a surprise to me. There certainly wasn't much of it going on near Bay 29.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I didn't even notice a booing of Jetta when he was having that shot at goal.
    I guess I was sitting there watching him hoping for some ridiculous miss
    If there was a lot of booing I guess I mentally simply put it in the "opposition player is having a shot at goal, let's try to put him off" place where it goes every other time.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Warming the Bench
    And Superted was injured! And we didn't know it

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    Not sure about the booing of Jetta, didn't really notice it at all from Bay 4. I have since watched the replay and find it quite odd how audible it was :S
    I had some Peanuts two rows behind me booing him, the bloody annoying chardonnay hipster Double Bay set who are not only highly annoying but really ignorant.

It wasn't done with any great malice but it was totally uncalled for, though I must admit I had a bit of a boo myself when he was in front of goal.

I really think he deserved better because of his actions last year but I don't think there was any great malice to it, and there absolutely was no racist element. So, anyone having a genuine pop at us should get a grip. It's a kind of ritual when past players come back but for Lewis I would have hoped for better and next time I will probably say something if it happens

But it does show how precious some of our fans were about Tippett getting booed last week at the AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    IBut it does show how precious some of our fans were about Tippett getting booed last week at the AO.
    No it doesn't. There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

I am disappointed that anyone booed Jetta, but it was very low key, by a small minority of the crowd, not done with malice and it was mainly only the time he kicked for goal.

The booing of Tippett was a huge roar carried out by a large majority of the crowd, it started as soon as the Swans entered the AO and was a constant throughout the match, and it was done with nasty vitriol (and near me by abuse and threats of physical violence).

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    This is the only place it hasn't been mentioned but I was really disappointed in the amount of booing directed at Lewis Jetta. I thought we'd be better than that.

oh dear… something’s wrong! | News.com.au
    I'm glad someone mentioned this - seems very hypocritical of a few not to bring this up after the events of 2015.....
    Carn the Southern Power.....

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    It was absolutely deplorable the booing that occurred last year.
    It may seemed hypocritical but I didn't mind the booing of Jets yesterday. There is a history of having a go at a player who has left your team. From my position on the couch, apart from the shot on goal, it seemed as if the crowd half heartedly thought we are supposed to boo this guy that left us but didn't really have it in them to do it properly.
    Hopefully it will fade away a little more each time we play the Weagles, if not, then we have a problem.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    It was absolutely deplorable the booing that occurred last year.
    It may seemed hypocritical but I didn't mind the booing of Jets yesterday. There is a history of having a go at a player who has left your team. From my position on the couch, apart from the shot on goal, it seemed as if the crowd half heartedly thought we are supposed to boo this guy that left us but didn't really have it in them to do it properly.
    Hopefully it will fade away a little more each time we play the Weagles, if not, then we have a problem.
    I expect there will be none of it the next time we play the Eagles in Sydney (probably around 2021 by the way the draw seems to be done haha!) - I really think it was just one of those one off things, that most players that switch clubs get from a minority of fans.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I expect there will be none of it the next time we play the Eagles in Sydney (probably around 2021 by the way the draw seems to be done haha!) - I really think it was just one of those one off things, that most players that switch clubs get from a minority of fans.
    Let's wait and see the reaction Dangerfield gets from the Crows fans when they play against Geelong in Adelaide in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Let's wait and see the reaction Dangerfield gets from the Crows fans when they play against Geelong in Adelaide in a couple of weeks.
    From the raging comments being made by the morons who were abusing Tippett near me, they are waiting with metaphorical baseball bats for Dangerfield as well. Nasty lot some of those Crows supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    From the raging comments being made by the morons who were abusing Tippett near me, they are waiting with metaphorical baseball bats for Dangerfield as well. Nasty lot some of those Crows supporters.
    Yep in amongst the latte sippers that follow the crows, there are some nasty tossers as well. No doubt Dangerfield will get a significant round of abuse from the Crows faithful, but many of them appear to have a complex about the superiority of Adelaide to anywhere else in the world that clouds their judgement
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."