Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 7 V Essendon

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    - he will learn and improve in time.
    It does seem that defenders take longer to develop. I cant think of a defender (and I am talking about more defending defenders, not attacking defenders) who has really burst into the game. All the top defenders have been doing it for quite a few seasons.
    This is where liz jumps in and points out some obvious footballers that I have missed.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Rivers?
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    IIRC at a break they showed McVeigh pointing out something/instructing him. I would be surprised if he wasn't constantly instructed.
    No doubt he was getting instructions - but at the ground it appeared he looked really lost at times in terms of where he should be setting himself up - neither playing directly on a man or playing as the loose man in defence. That was just the impression I got from the stands.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    IIRC at a break they showed McVeigh pointing out something/instructing him. I would be surprised if he wasn't constantly instructed.
    Ever wonder what people would look like if they were a different animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Nico, the purpose of the rest is to prevent future injury in an unhardened body. Continuity I agree is important, but I disagree with your emphasis upon it. Too much emphasis on continuity means we are at the mercy of the injury gods
    Adam Goodes - 204 consecutive games Brett Kirk - 200 consecutive games
    Those bastards. Thinking only of themselves with no thought for the team and how their bodies would eventually deteriorate without a rest.

lol

Some players need a break, some don't.
    Papley probably doesn't need more than the 6 or so days between games to be top notch for the next round.
    As I said before, there will be people who determine whether a player needs a break or not.
    Unless there is a clear reason for a rest - they play.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

In: Smith
    Out: Aliir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really disappointed to see Aliir out after 1 game. I would rather see Smith rest his sore knee or someone else out who may be a little sore to give Aliir another crack. Hopefully there will be a late change...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A little surprised to see Aliir make way, but I genuinely have no idea who actually plays for Essendon this season so it may make sense to go small for tall.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Dare I say it; Smith was rested last week. Logical change for mine. We need % not tinkering. With so many ordinary sides this year we need our fair share of big wins.

That's a change that suggests we only need one tall defender (Grundy on Daniher). I don't know much about the rest of the Bombers team either but I'm sure the coaching staff do.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    A little surprised to see Aliir make way, but I genuinely have no idea who actually plays for Essendon this season so it may make sense to go small for tall.
    They have three tall forwards in this week's squad - Daniher Mckernan and Brown

Brown is on debut so he may have been unanticipated. We can always make a late change I guess? Otherwise Rampe and Laidler will have to position themselves very well all day. THat or we're banking on the ball not going inside our defensive 50 very often.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast