Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 9 � Hawthorn v Sydney: Priceless

Thank you Joe.

To say I was "dubious" when the deal was done is probably being very generous to me. I could not believe that we would be able to collect on our investment beyond 3-4 years and that would see us crippled by the salary cap for a further 5 at best.

I was wrong in so many ways. Franklin is a phenomenon. He was great for Hawthorn and I remember the match at the SCG he won for them in the second half as being an amazing exhibition of his unique talent. Little did I realise that this was what we could come expect from this champion of the game.

If he never sees out his contract, it doesn't matter as you've already pointed much more eloquently than anything I might write he is "Priceless".

Thanks once again, Joe.

Hawthorn midfielder Bradley Hill has been charged with assault.

The premiership player was allegedly involved in a brawl at a Narre Warren nightclub in January that left a 21-year-old man with facial injuries.

The Hawks released a statement, saying they had already discussed the matter and had decided no club sanction would be handed to Hill.

"Bradley has kept the club informed throughout this entire process," Football Operations Manager Chris Fagan said.

"The leadership group has already met on this matter and has decided that no sanction will be applied at this stage.

"The matter is now before the court and any sanction is in the hands of the judicial system."

Really, are any of us surprised? That club has zero integrity. How many times have clubs like Hawks, Saints, Magpies, etc turned a blind eye to poor behaviour from their players. Lets hope they keep it up and the rot sets in at Hawks like it has at the other two.

When was the last time a Swan was caught belting someone in a nightclub or drink driving? I can recall it ever occurring other than rumours of a verbal stouch many years ago between the Adelaide players and the Swans players in a pub the day after a game. This speaks volumes as to how we have been able to get the best out of our players despite the shortage of high or priority draft picks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123