Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 13 Match Day Thread Sydney V Melbourne. SCG 13.10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrevan View Post
    I heard the MMM radio call. They were saying good things about Towers and McVeigh. Aliir seemed to be very clean in the conditions. In the 3rd quarter there was a lot of commentary about how much pressure the demons were putting on but they weren't scoring much. They couldn't keep it up and the 4th quarter - we were just too good. Maybe, the Swans are getting better at wet weather footy. I can recall from past years the commentators would say the Swans were a good wet weather team but then they'd lose the match.
    I was a bit worried before the game about the number of injuries and thought it could be a danger game - this was based on Demons v Collingwood match last week. But the younger players are stepping up and this is great. After a 2 week break they'll be full of energy for the Bulldogs game.
    There have been no comments about the umpires - were they ok? There were lots of comments last week but none this week.
    The MMM call was a good 10 seconds behind actual play (if you were watching from the SCG).
    I mentioned it to Jude Bolton after the game... hopefully he can talk to someone about it.
    It was very annoying.

I might have to buy a transistor radio to get AM to listen to the ABC.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    The MMM call was a good 10 seconds behind actual play (if you were watching from the SCG).
    I mentioned it to Jude Bolton after the game... hopefully he can talk to someone about it.
    It was very annoying.

The friend I was with always listens to the commentary on the radio as she watches live. She gave up on Sunday because every station she tried seemed to be significantly behind the live action - and not just a few seconds but up to a couple of minutes. Wonder if there was some technology issue affecting all transmissions from the ground?

It was very annoying.

I believe the delay is due to legal reasons just in case someone says a 'no no' it gives them enough time to bleep it out.

So what's the point in having "live" commentary, if it's not "real live".

At the beginning of the season, it happened once... then went back to "real live" at the beginning of the second quarter. Last week it went on for the whole match.

Very annoying.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Yet, watch free to air TV after 8:30 and you'll hear any profanity. Before 9:30 and some words seem to be ok these days.
    I don't really care because I just watch Fox and I'm Vic based, just seems weird to me.
    How about they just make sure commentators don't swear?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    There is no delay when listening to games live in Melbourne...unless you have digital radio. When at the game I always listen to the radio. So maybe only an issue in Sydney?

Suspended by the MRP
    It was very annoying.

What will he do? Its law.

Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    What will he do? Its law.
    The game at the SCG prior to this one was called in real time.

The delay is a new thing.

Do you get it now?

Suspended by the MRP
    The game at the SCG prior to this one was called in real time.

The delay is a new thing.

Do you get it now?
    eh do you have to be so condescending and rude!

Was it digital or analogue radio?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    There is no delay when listening to games live in Melbourne...unless you have digital radio. When at the game I always listen to the radio. So maybe only an issue in Sydney?
    She didnt really mention if it was digital or analogue, so vague.

I listen to it on an iPod.
    If you tune into MMM digital radio (though the tune-in app), you don't get the commentary of the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

eh do you have to be so condescending and rude!
    Only for the ones who don't get it.

Suspended by the MRP
    I listen to it on an iPod.
    If you tune into MMM digital radio (though the tune-in app), you don't get the commentary of the game at all.
    Well theres your answer, Digital needs to have an 8 second delay and is prone to network drop-outs, especially with telstra. Analogue is completely differant.

Only for the ones who don't get it.
    There you go again. Next time dont be so vague.

Well theres your answer, Digital needs to have an 8 second delay and is prone to network drop-outs, especially with telstra. Analogue is completely differant.

There you go again. Next time dont be so vague.
    Jesus. H. Christ.

Obviously, you've missed the bit where I said that if you tune in to MMM digital through the tune-in app, you DON'T get any commentary at all. Please, if you're going to respond to a post, please read and comprehend it first.

I might also mention that at the previous game, when the call was "real live", I was also listening on my iPod... also at the game before, and the game before that. Actually, I've probably listened to ALL the games I've watched live for the last 10 years on my iPod... all over the country. All those games were "real live".
    THIS game was on delay.

Like other things... very annoying.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast