Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 16 v Geelong

Warming the Bench
    Most of the inclement weather has actually already taken place, leading to the car park decision. Things are meant to improve between now and Friday arvo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I saw the post that Jordan Foote was upgraded to the senior list. I'm a bit surprised they upgraded anyone at this time, but I thought they would upgrade Newman before Foote. I think Jordan has played very well this year, particularly in the past month, but he's played almost exclusively in the midfield where we already have a lot of coverage. Maybe he will be the travelling emergency this week. He could conceivably fill that outside running midfielder played by Lloyd, or perhaps the spot vacated by Cunningham. Maybe Towers will get the chop for not covering Johannisen in that last play of the game. I'm not sure if it was his man.

Selection will be interesting this week.
    I disagree. Foote has been the best player in the NEAFL almost every week, week after week. To upgrade anyone else would have sending the wrong message. We have plenty of mids who can play further back or forward. Aliir is already a listed player so he can come in to the defence if we need him and Ted is also available. Why on earth would you want to hook Lloyd after one error that arguably wasn't his fault? He has been consistently solid this year, far more so than last year.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I disagree. Foote has been the best player in the NEAFL almost every week, week after week. To upgrade anyone else would have sending the wrong message. We have plenty of mids who can play further back or forward. Aliir is already a listed player so he can come in to the defence if we need him and Ted is also available. Why on earth would you want to hook Lloyd after one error that arguably wasn't his fault? He has been consistently solid this year, far more so than last year.
    I have no objection to praising Foote for the excellent year he's had and have said so myself. It was only on positional grounds that I was surprised. And it is only speculation because of the upgrade that I was wondering what the intent was for upgrading Foote this week. I don't want to 'hook' Lloyd, but feel that if Foote came in he might be asked to play a similar role. I can even throw more fuel on the fire by speculating that we will play Foote to see how well he does in case the Mitchell contract talks break down.

Anyway, enough of that. Back to the serious stuff.

This photo deserves a good caption, but I'm going to bed now. Hopefully, I will log on in the morning and someone will come up with a gem.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I don't agree with the few calls to drop Heeney. What is he going to learn in the seconds? Is it a punishment for not performing?
    He has already shown he is up to AFL level and will just get better with experience, dropping him will just slow that down. A 28 gamer who has shown he is a very good footballer just needs games to get his consistency up and learn to deal with the added attention he is now receiving. NEAFL won't teach him that. Now, if the coaches believe he needs a rest ...... but he just had a week off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    ... This photo deserves a good caption, but I'm going to bed now. Hopefully, I will log on in the morning and someone will come up with a gem.

Tom: "all that hair and look at what he does with it"
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

drop Heeney.
    lol
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Out: Dry weather
    In: Wet weather

Simmonds Stadium has already advised patrons that the car parks at the ground will be closed on Friday night due to the anticipated inclement weather...
    I havent seen this much rain in melbourne for a long long time. Its been raining consistently nearly all week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I don't agree with the few calls to drop Heeney. What is he going to learn in the seconds? Is it a punishment for not performing?
    He has already shown he is up to AFL level and will just get better with experience, dropping him will just slow that down. A 28 gamer who has shown he is a very good footballer just needs games to get his consistency up and learn to deal with the added attention he is now receiving. NEAFL won't teach him that. Now, if the coaches believe he needs a rest ...... but he just had a week off.
    I don't know - we constantly dropped one Jesse White back to the seconds and it worked wonders for him

Suspended by the MRP
    Jesse White played like a star arounf the same time he was playing for a new contract. Once he got it he reverted back to old Jesse.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Hope he is not affected mentally by whatever this is, if indeed it's anything.

Sydney Swans captain Kieren Jack and brother Brandon in bitter dispute with parents Donna and Garry
    Respect Jack's keeping this private, as it should be. But have to love today's SMH headline..."Jack and the mean talk"!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Spot on! Heeney's "lack of form" has been grossly exaggerated and there is zero point in dropping him back to the twos. We've had very wet games and we've constantly bombed the ball long on to Heeney's head, as if he's Tony Lockett. His defensive efforts have still been very good over those games.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I don't know - we constantly dropped one Jesse White back to the seconds and it worked wonders for him
    .... but didn't work wonders for the colliwobbles.
    Not that that's a bad thing.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    I just had a read of the corresponding Geelong thread on Big Footy. They also made note of Geelong's poor showing after a bye. Some of them think there are too many talls in the Cats. They are also worried about Buddy kicking a bag of goals and about our contested grunt in the midfield.

Umpires - haven't seen the list yet. Do we get Stevic? Maybe he hates Geelong more than he hates us.
    Do we get razor Ray? Apparently, he likes to wind up the local team crowd.

Other favourites - Nicholls, Schmitt

What's the penalty count against us this week?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast