Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B-Mac

B-Mac

Where does everyone sit with Benny McGlynn?
    Over the years I've found him frustrating, always in the verge of becoming a solid part of the 22, but never quite getting there because of form and/or injuries.
    At the moment I see him as being pretty valuable to the team, providing some much needed run.
    He and Rohan are the two who can really break things open and change the game.
    So where does he sit with everyone else?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Blog Entries
    I always thought some of the younger mob would go past him in the last 2 seasons, but he keeps bobbing up at the right time!!
    He has the pace and the skill to put himself in the right place at the right time, and roves the front of the packs pretty well,

He's a keeper, for now.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    Keep Benny,
    Experience like that is invaluable when it counts most.

Veterans List
    Works hard and fits into the 22, but....a horrible footpass of the pill. Spots up the opposition way too often.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Works hard and fits into the 22, but....a horrible footpass of the pill. Spots up the opposition way too often.
    or just doesn't spot the obvious pass. A couple of times on the weekend he kicked to a contest when there were other options where a Swans player held an advantage. I cursed those missed opportunities but I believe he more than makes up for it with his tenacious attitude. He is in our top 22 at the moment for mine.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Yeah, should be mandatory for a quick glance around before you kick.

Also, what's the point of the "move it on (1/2 second pause) play on" call by the umpires.
    Why not just call play on?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Papley is shaping as taking his spot if benny drops form but you would feel the swans hierarchy will choose him with his experience and his leadership in the front half. That said his courageousness in the contest is second to none (firrito contest). he did blow off buddy a couple times and missed targets but our midfield do that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Where does everyone sit with Benny McGlynn?
    Over the years I've found him frustrating, always in the verge of becoming a solid part of the 22, but never quite getting there because of form and/or injuries.
    At the moment I see him as being pretty valuable to the team, providing some much needed run.
    He and Rohan are the two who can really break things open and change the game.
    So where does he sit with everyone else?
    Benny gives us grunt and he kicks clutch goals, he's an underrated but very important part of our setup. If we make the big one he'll be one player that will not go MIA

Veteran Site Admin
    I think he's close to the end but deserves his place at the moment. We have an heir apparent in young Papley but it's hard to fit them both into the team at the moment, given the other options available (eg Rohan now back, who offers a different dimension in the front half of the ground). Even if Papley were fit, I think Benny's still got his nose in front as a bigger and more battle hardened body.

Goes up to 11
    Benny brings a great energy to the team and he has the uncanny knack of popping up at just the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think he's close to the end but deserves his place at the moment. We have an heir apparent in young Papley but it's hard to fit them both into the team at the moment, given the other options available (eg Rohan now back, who offers a different dimension in the front half of the ground). Even if Papley were fit, I think Benny's still got his nose in front as a bigger and more battle hardened body.
    Agree Papley is our small forward going forward but his disposal and decision making have room for improvement, as you'd expect. And whilst I love the fact he can sniff out a goal from three feet McGlynn is all over him at this stage IMO but if there's genuine competition there for sure. Not sure both will play in our best 22

The Gopher still holds his place big time for me. His disposal has never been his strong point but he makes up for it in mongrel. I look forward to seeing the smile on his face when he holds up is medallion this year erasing the memory of 2012.. We wont mention that other year..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast