Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Surely McGlynn has to play, just for the aggro value? I mean, after that daft inboard turnover kick against the Bulldogs I was ready to mark his papers permanently, but the lifts the team against the Hawks. In for Rose, who I like, but has sprayed a few lately. Good pressure, though, and his second and third efforts are terrific. He'd be stiff, but I just think McGlynn is the go for this week.
    I'd like to see Laidler back in, but the obvious out would be Aliir, who is good value: big and unpredictable.
    Will Ted play forward again and set up on Hodge? It would be good to see Hodge's possessions strangled a bit. Naismith was a revelation, but I'm not sure about Nankervis for Sinclair. What about Aliir to second ruck (he's rucked in the twos, I think) and Laidler back in?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    Surely McGlynn has to play, just for the aggro value? I mean, after that daft inboard turnover kick against the Bulldogs I was ready to mark his papers permanently, but the lifts the team against the Hawks. In for Rose, who I like, but has sprayed a few lately. Good pressure, though, and his second and third efforts are terrific. He'd be stiff, but I just think McGlynn is the go for this week.
    I'd like to see Laidler back in, but the obvious out would be Aliir, who is good value: big and unpredictable.
    Will Ted play forward again and set up on Hodge? It would be good to see Hodge's possessions strangled a bit. Naismith was a revelation, but I'm not sure about Nankervis for Sinclair. What about Aliir to second ruck (he's rucked in the twos, I think) and Laidler back in?
    I wouldn't pick McGlynn - I wasn't particularly impressed by him in ressies, and while his agro is helpful, his consistently poor ball use may not be so helpful against the hawks. I'd give Rose another go, but make it clear that he needs to improve this week.

Allir should be in the team to play down the back, not as a backup ruckman - what a waste of him that would be. Yes he has played a ruck in the ressies, but his clear ability to add to the team is down back (especially his consistently improving ability to take the game on and turn defence into attack), and you lose all that he can bring by sticking him in the ruck.

I like Laidler, and would be comfortable to see him back in for Allir (who would be so unlucky in such a case), but if I was making a decision I'd show faith in Allir.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    I'd be disappointed if Aliir gets dropped this week. He preformed exceptionally against a premiership contender in Geelong.
    Also, Hawks usually sweat on our mistakes & make us pay. Aliir seems composed - I'd have him before any alternative replacement to his position in the side.
    (Other replacements to improve our aggro against hawks appeals to me though.)

This is an interesting clip from Footy Classified:

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/8174214

PS: If anyone knows how to embed the code for tubechop and get the clip to come up the right size in the post could you kindly share your knowledge. When I cut and paste the code, the clip window is too small to fit the video.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 12th July 2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    I think Rose offers at least as much defensive pressure as McGlynn and has younger legs to run out the game longer. McGlynn has the odd flashy piece of brilliance like his smother in the Dogs game, mixed in with long periods of absenteeism or ball butchering. I think McGlynn is close to getting the ROK treatment.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I like Allir, but it may be a case of match ups.

Is he ready for Gunston or Bruest?

Last week he was on a player coming back from a long period out of the team.
    sprite

One nice thing about Allir, is that he seems to be able to play small if required.
    Part of that will be that he is an unknown still for most teams, much like Parker was for a couple of years before he was found out and matched up...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    As for your second statement, you want an atmosphere akin to lawn bowls? Then go watch lawn bowls sweetie, good ol nanna and aunty lorraine stuff. I mean it might get rowdy when aunty norma brings out the scones, but generally its docile and might be suited to your style. Maybe a random clap clap clap now and then to get your blood pumping but thats as rowdy as it gets.

If you really really want to experience hardcore screaming..go to a swimming event..OH MY!

Ad derrrr i would expect people at a ground watching their team win a flag to go ape@@@@, hence my comment dissing the sydney based fans that day.
    classic strawman. No one said we should play in a library, all I said was why would you want to make the footy unbearable to attend because someone supports a different team.

Suggest reading and more importantly trying to understand posts before responding in future.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Now there's a job opportunity.....Annie, Primmy, anyone interested?
    *Insert big sigh here
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Injury report says that Laidler suffered a mild hamstring injury at the end of the NEAFL match and won't play this week.

I reckon it will either be Heeney or McGlynn in for Rose.
    Swannies for life!

Foote and B Jack also been impressing in the 2's from what I read. Both should be in the conversation if Rose needs to regain a bit of confidence in the twos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast