Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Collingwood For A Day.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    On the evidence of that performance, the Hawks are going to get pumped by Geelong in the QF. Collingwood were gallant and had a couple of sensational players but at least half their team was inexperienced battlers. The Hawks just fell over the line against them. Hawthorn still has a handful of players who can lift at the critical moments but I don't think they have enough of them anymore, not enough to cover for the bottom end of the teams they are putting out on the paddock at the moment.
    I hope you are right Liz - I have a similar view on their form this year, but how many close ones have they managed to fall over the line in. They just keep doing it, and it'll still take an almighty effort to put the stake through their heart in the finals series.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I hope you are right Liz - I have a similar view on their form this year, but how many close ones have they managed to fall over the line in. They just keep doing it, and it'll still take an almighty effort to put the stake through their heart in the finals series.
    Well, with them having the luxury of 21 men on the field at all times.........yes, you make a good point!

Regular in the Side
    agree umps have different interpretations one for hawks one for others. Dropping the ball incorrect disposals. late hits alla hodge on treloar.

Senior Player
    Post of the year !

[QUOTE=dejavoodoo44;706218]Yes, I know: just hope that none of us got a tatt at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I know: just hope that none of us got a tatt at halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, missing the obvious throw by Whitecross was a big turning point.
    Agreed. That was a clear thrown, even by Hawthorn standards.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345