Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st QF Swans v Giants

1st QF Swans v Giants

Well it's fine but windy in Sydney today and the wind is tipped to be blowing all day - up to 40kph from the west. Rain looks unlikely though and it's not cold.
    Anyone else starting to get a bit of that finals nervous excitement?

(I'd have made the Thread title longer but the engine kept telling me I had too many tags in it. NFI what that's all about.)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

About halfway to sydney with my carload of swannies.

Getting very nervous as there is such a huge opportunity for a flag this year if we are good enough and want it enough. Need to start at a million miles an hour and force the giants to play the game on our terms.

Come on you mighty swannies!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Couple of hours of work then bolt home to watch the game. Good luck boys! & supporters

Am on the bus now - first time I've ever got the first bus and it's nearly full by the second stop!!! I've gone to homebush in years past and I'm the only passenger. It's gonna be big!!! And everyone on this bus is in red and white!! GO SWANNIES!!!

Went for a bit of a drive this morning, there was a lot of people in red & white around the Epping/Macquarie Park area.

Senior Player
    Swans win , 31 points.

Just voted in Sydney Council election wearing my Swans gear - electoral staffer wished me luck, said she would have been there except for work. Go Swannies!

Veterans List
    Very nervous with seven first year players, that's a third of the side! Losing won't be a disaster but much better to have the feet up next week whilst a Prelim final opponent is getting battered.

Got to get the game on our terms early and stop their prolific run. In some ways that 41pt loss earlier in the year gives us a good sighter into how they could beat us today and hopefully can execute the plans to win.

Will be interesting to see the % of support for GWS, surely we would have 75-80% of the crowd?

Extremely nervous I think GWS win by three or four goals unless we can stop their run out of stoppages and not kick the ball directly to Heath Shaw like last time.

So have been on the bus from Miranda since 12.15 - we are stuck in the mother of all traffic jams in flemington!! A poor little kid next too me is busting for the loo and the bus is jam packed. I'll be glad when we finally get there. Don't think it will be better for later buses

That's not nice Wardy. I'm on train beetling along to ANZ, packed with red and white. Go Swannies!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No late changes for either team

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast