Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buddy & Jack taunted by Mumford

Quote Originally Posted by vleung1208 View Post
    Apparently Mumford had a go at both Buddy (mental health) and Jack (family issues) during the game. Whilst I understand it's a mental game as much as it is physical, this oversteps the mark. Play hard, play tough, play fair. Have some respect for other players.

Not to cry over spilt milk as we lost the match. But GWS physically (JPK) and mentally (Buddy & Jack) stepped over the mark. Really disgusting in my book and totally unprofessional!
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Posters in these pages have taunted me for hating them with such passion.
    Not going to their home game against the swans because I didn't want to put money in their wallets made people's heads spin and call me all sorts of crazy things (like I'm not a true swans supporter because I didn't go to a BOGANS home game - I did buy a guernsey from the swans shop though!).

Now... oh feel the hate.
    Bandwagoners.
    I'm the same really in respect of any spend that benefits their pockets and whilst I expect they'll always sell out the derbies (which I did attend this year) I am considering taking that spend next year and spending it at the club shop. And I've got no intention of attending any games as a neutral there.

I saw their muppet of a Chairman gloating on the telly today, the usual Sydney loves a winner stuff, but there surely is something very manufactured and superficial about their success. The GF will be a complete embarrassment if they make it, a bunch of numpties down at the MCG that know next to nothing about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Source?
    Mentioned on AFL 360

According to Damian Barrett on Footy Classified Scumford said to Buddy "What are you doing here? You're normally on holidays now."
    Last edited by cruiser; 12th September 2016 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    According to Damian Barrett on Footy Classified Scumford said to Buddy "What are you doing here? You're normally on holidays now."
    It does beg the question of who told Barrett. Did Buddy call him up? (Can't see that myself.) Mumford? (marginally more likely). An umpire? Another player. It doesn't surprise me that there was sledging, though I think some things are pretty tasteless to sledge about. But I am not sure how the media would find out about it.

Regular in the Side
    Sorry guys but I don't see a problem with that comment. Pretty mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    With due respect Bexl, I think this is the very problem associated with the stigma of mental health, many are so blaise about it. Why go down the path of sledging someone about their mental health difficulties?
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Mental health issues should be as taboo as racist comments. It's akin to taunting someone because they have cancer. Tasteless and puerile.

Veterans List
    I just saw the articles on the Age and Sun. What an absolute piece of @@@@ he is. I have lost all respect for him now...(what little I had left).

Ever since the game I just keep getting angrier and angrier !

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It does beg the question of who told Barrett. Did Buddy call him up? (Can't see that myself.) Mumford? (marginally more likely). An umpire? Another player. It doesn't surprise me that there was sledging, though I think some things are pretty tasteless to sledge about. But I am not sure how the media would find out about it.
    I reckon a lot would be heard through the umpire's microphones Liz. Not necessarily relayed on tv etc but media and those with the 'Sports Ears' might hear a few things.
    Swannies for life!

Regular in the Side
    it was reported on AFL 360 tonight as well....

Senior Player
    Really I think the whole world needs a teaspoon of cement .
    This remark is pretty mild in the scheme of things and no more offensive then referencing the promiscuity of a partner / mother / sister etc.
    Josh went on the record last week saying that he wouldn't have an issue with sledging the Giants and when it happens to us it's all of a sudden offensive?
    If that remark put Lance off in any way ( and I seriously doubt it did ) then he's got some work to do on his mental preparation for games

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    With due respect Bexl, I think this is the very problem associated with the stigma of mental health, many are so blaise about it. Why go down the path of sledging someone about their mental health difficulties?
    Does everyone understand what sledging is and what it is intended to do?
    I don't personally agree with it but as long as it doesn't reference race / sex / sexual orientation or religion I think we have to accept it for what it is. An attempt to gain a mental edge over your competition.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast