Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: First Semi Final: Swans v Crows

On the Rookie List
    From instagram Gary Rohan may play
    garyrohan16 @mickyo19 @adamroy37 cheers boys .. All good nothing serious Should be able to get up for next week

If Rohan gets up for Geelong that would be brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by mgrogan View Post
    garyrohan16 @mickyo19 @adamroy37 cheers boys .. All good nothing serious Should be able to get up for next week
    If he does that would be amazing and mean no need to consider Towers as a replacement. After his inept performance in the Neafl GF he doesn't deserve it. If Gary doesn't get up please consider Rose instead as he's not as high risk.

So good! I feared the worst, it had the makings of an ACL. Great news!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Looking at the replay, rohan hurts his knee in flight by a knock, not on landing.

Would be funny if he was ok to play after being stretchered off. Funny embarassing
    To be fair to Barry, considering some of the negative reactions the above post received, I think it is pretty obvious he thought that after being stretchered off, it would be funny if Gary played next week. I don't think he once implied it was funny that Gary got injured and I thought that fact was pretty obvious. Rohan may well play next week, and that would make the stretchering off pretty funny and a bit embarrassing, don't you think.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Rohan may well play next week, and that would make the stretchering off pretty funny and a bit embarrassing, don't you think.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Maybe Barry just meant ironic , not funny embarrassing. I'm not insinuating Barry hasn't got a dictionary or thesaurus.
    So Barry has a beard, wears dress shoes with no socks, drinks de constructed coffees and lives in Newtown? No wonder he is annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Great news!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Not funny in any sense. The pain was appallingly obvious.

And terrific if he's there for next Saturday. It seems to me that he worries Geelong even before he runs out onto the ground.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    No.
    I don't get where you're coming from, Meg.......I thought my explanation of Barry's comment was pretty clear....Do you really think Barry found Rohan's injury funny?

He wasnt having a laugh at the injury, just the situation in using a stretcher, that was obvious. But still didn't have to make a comment and felt like a troll. Baz likes fishing.

Veterans List
    Seems the 'Barry bashers' are a bit confused ATM. If you all honestly think from his comment that he thought Gary's injury and pain were funny, then you are looking for things to be 'outraged' at......Barry can be an agitator, but I doubt he's a sadist.....

First Semi Final: Swans v Crows

It was perfectly clear that Barry was saying that if Rohan is able to play next week (and we all fervently hope that is so) then in Barry's view that would be funny/embarrassing after Gary had been stretchered off.

I've responded to that view twice. No it would not be funny or embarrassing. Gary was in intense pain and could not walk. He needed a stretcher. End of story.

Let's all move on.
    Last edited by Meg; 18th September 2016 at 06:26 PM.