Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final: Swans vs. Cats

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Mills is running laps at the SCG this morning. Decent chance to get up for Friday night you'd have to think
    anyone with a hamstring injury can run laps. its the sprinting that is the problem

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    anyone with a hamstring injury can run laps. its the sprinting that is the problem
    True. I never got a hammy playing footy, never, but I got one playing mixed netball! Later, I could jog easily, but try any faster and ouch, it really twinged! I doubt they'll risk him, nor will they leave it to him to decide....after last week! Never looked right. He'll have to hope we make it to the big one.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    True. I never got a hammy playing footy, never, but I got one playing mixed netball! Later, I could jog easily, but try any faster and ouch, it really twinged! I doubt they'll risk him, nor will they leave it to him to decide....after last week! Never looked right. He'll have to hope we make it to the big one.....
    That's what happens when you take your eye off the ball when playing mixed netball Stevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    I'd be wary of playing him but I'll trust the medical staff. He'd be a huge in for the Grand Final if we make it though.

I thought Laidler was excellent on Friday and if we are honest McVeigh isn't the loss he once would have been. In fact if Jones was available I don't think we'd lose much at all with that swap.

I think of the two Rohan is the more likely to be available as there is no structural damage from the sound of it, only bruising and it seems like the type of injury you could make a speedy recovery from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Personally, I'm happy enough with the way things have panned out. The Richmond game was no more than a training run - hardly great prep for finals intensity, and the Giants game was probably what we needed (injuries aside) for a reality check.

We also never seem to fire after a bye, so good to have a week off then and not now IMO. Looks like the Cats are also going in a favorites too, which I'm happy enough with. Hopefully they will still be in holiday mode ;-)
    I'm actually a lot happier now and a lot more confident than had we taken on the hawks week 1 and gone through to the Prelim. You need to be battle hardened and we weren't but come Grand Final Day, if we make it, we will be.

No way am I under-estimating the Cats but I think we match up well on them and I feel quietly confident. And if we make the Grand Final we should be picking from a full deck

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    I'd be wary of playing him but I'll trust the medical staff. He'd be a huge in for the Grand Final if we make it though.

I thought Laidler was excellent on Friday and if we are honest McVeigh isn't the loss he once would have been. In fact if Jones was available I don't think we'd lose much at all with that swap.

I think of the two Rohan is the more likely to be available as there is no structural damage from the sound of it, only bruising and it seems like the type of injury you could make a speedy recovery from.
    Laidler made up for it later in the game but his first half a dozen kicks were more than risky. His out on the full that went 20 rows back rings a bell.

yay...I got my category 1 tickets in the Olympic stand N 54- going with a Cats fan and a Swans fan....

I;m very excited about this...I hope this is a Swans area as the tickets were bought with my membership bar code...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    yay...I got my category 1 tickets in the Olympic stand N 54- going with a Cats fan and a Swans fan....

I;m very excited about this...I hope this is a Swans area as the tickets were bought with my membership bar code...
    Category 1? Bloody hell, you must be the richest daisi in Christendom. Bit shocked at the prices I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Category 1? Bloody hell, you must be the richest daisi in Christendom. Bit shocked at the prices I have to admit.
    My granny ticket should be $399.... for a GA seat on any other given day.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Ahhhh Giant....I'll still be paying for it come Xmas....but YOLO- (you only live once) and who knows if I will ever get another chance to go to the MCG to see the Swans play a prelim?

I got on right on 9am, got superb Cat 1 seats, got all the way to the payment window, then got punted as I tried to pay for them. It took my another half an hour to get them after that but still ended up in N14 and am very happy with that. I'm happy to spend the money as I will be in Melbourne for work anyway so don't have to pay for the flights, which was a lucky break. I'll be on holidays for the GF so I won't have to cough up for that if we get past the Cats. Very happy with the seats!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Ahhhh Giant....I'll still be paying for it come Xmas....but YOLO- (you only live once) and who knows if I will ever get another chance to go to the MCG to see the Swans play a prelim?
    I like your thinking Daisi - enjoy!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast