Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

Senior Player
    Hang on a minute folks..... what happened to the GWS five peat? Scully doesn't get a 50M penalty and the whole thing
    is off! Just like that! I thought it was a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    i.e. store raiding.......The GWS sal cap goes back to normal next year

they currently are $800k PA over
    GWS will fail if they lose their current benefits.
    The simple facts are that to cement their place they need a decade of finals and a flag or two. Just like the swans needed.
    Unfair to take cola away this early.

And the riverina zone needs to be locked in for 10 years. Fat to early to judge it now.

The giants have to many natural disadvantages to be put on a "level" playing field yet .

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The simple facts are that to cement their place they need a decade of finals and a flag or two. Just like the swans needed.

And the riverina zone needs to be locked in for 10 years. Fat to early to judge it now.

The giants have to many natural disadvantages to be put on a "level" playing field yet .
    No one turned up to their final.
    A tad of 21K people. If that's not a red flag for the AFL, I don't know what is. I imagine the tv ratings in Sydney would show the same pathetic result.
    No one cares.
    There's really only one team in Sydney.
    I can guarantee that the grand final this year will be in the top five most ever watched shows in Sydney - after Diana's wedding and funeral.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

They will never succeed. The AFL should move them to Tassie asap.

Senior Player
    I thought the 38K crowd for our semi against Adelaide was pretty poor too. We are at the pointy end of the finals every year,
    have the biggest superstar in the game playing with us, and we still can't fill the SCG. People just don't get it, and the likes of
    Colless & Pridham say this every f...ing year, AFL remains in a precarious position in Sydney. All this back slapping for us having
    56,000 members and GWS being up to 16,000 or whatever now when the large bulk of "memberships" cost so little.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I thought the 38K crowd for our semi against Adelaide was pretty poor too. We are at the pointy end of the finals every year,
    have the biggest superstar in the game playing with us, and we still can't fill the SCG. People just don't get it, and the likes of
    Colless & Pridham say this every f...ing year, AFL remains in a precarious position in Sydney. All this back slapping for us having
    56,000 members and GWS being up to 16,000 or whatever now when the large bulk of "memberships" cost so little.
    AFL is flourishing in Sydney as far as I'm concerned. I have more friends than ever watching it and following it and messaging me about it than ever before by a considerable margin. I even have some friends that call themselves GWS supporters go to GWS games (but only when they're giving out free tickets mind you). But the problem is that they're casual supporters. It will take a few years for these people to start becoming die hards or start going to games regularly.

The Riverina zone, where players have access to established pathways to the AFL (i.e. the part covered by the Murray Bushrangers) should go asap in my opinion. But the rest of their zone should stay = the academies should be all about expanding the player pool, by providing an additional pathway into the AFL where one does not exist as it is now.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's going OK .
    To have a National Comp with 10 teams in Bleak City and only one in Sydney was not ideal .

Senior Player
    I was also disappointed by the 38k crowd at the semi final but I blame ticketek as it was such a stuff up that I know people who didn't come because of the difficulty buying tickets

Back on topic, I thought that I would be calling for Zac Jones to be out, but I think that he has eliminated some of the weakness from the game (giving away free kicks) and improved his strengths.

Cordy thinks AA is still pretty crook and that horse will be reluctant to pick the injured first year players, but if he does, Mills is more likely.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    The umpires are Stevic, Meredith and Jeffrey. Schmitt is the emergency.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The umpires are Stevic, Meredith and Jeffrey. Schmitt is the emergency.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Let's just hope that there is no emergency.