Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

Opti-pessi-misti
    It would be quite sad for any of Aliir, Mills or McVeigh to miss out on the GF as they have all played their part in getting the team there.

Who would have thought that Rohan would have recovered so well after his seemingly disastrous knee knock, hopefully if might be the same with Aliir. Both he and a fit Mills would be a huge bonus for the upcoming game, as the Doggies are going to take some beating. Marsh would have to go out for Mills. If Macca came back I agree with Buzz80 it would have to be Laidler rather than Jones making way. The only other option would be Hewett. (It is so good to see Nick Smith back to his under-rated best this year, particularly the last few games.)

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I reckon another interesting question arising out of tonight is, How are you feeling, Stevie J?
    Great question. Stevie J, the 33 y.o mature adult with a child's nickname, cost himself a place in the preliminary final - and consequently cost his team the Giants a place in the grand final - because of his ridiculous cheapshots in the QF. The very guy who was brought into the Giants because of his supposed knowledge and experience of how to handle the big occasions! The English language is an incredibly expressive vehicle, but I'm not sure it has the words to quite capture my pleasure at his pathetic dickhead behaviour denying him the one thing he was aiming for through that very dickheadery. I really hated how he carried on against us. How about just playing better footy than your opponent, sport? He's been carrying on with the same sniping crap his entire career and it is a malicious joy that it has finally cost him - and more importantly his team - in the biggest way imaginable. Despite his many reports, he's got off basically scott free until now. Payback is a bitch.

Go copulate with yourself mate, because all your brilliant round the corner dribble kicks couldn't make up for the fact that you are a twit who let your team down massively by stupid thuggery when you were there to model maturity, leadership and skill to a young group. I hope you enjoy the photo of yourself snarling like a rabid imbecile at Buddy Franklin because that's your highlight of the 2016 season. And it sums up your contribution, which otherwise could have been kicking the decider in a close grand final.
    Last edited by Velour&Ruffles; 25th September 2016 at 01:13 AM. Reason: repeated words
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Opti-pessi-misti
    Ah, the influence of Stevie J! It was interesting to note that Mummy was NOT throwing his weight around so forcibly today, no one's head hitting the ground - that I noticed. Lesson learned perhaps??? With both Mummy and Stevie J. you would never know.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Ah, the influence of Stevie J! It was interesting to note that Mummy was NOT throwing his weight around so forcibly today, no one's head hitting the ground - that I noticed. Lesson learned perhaps??? With both Mummy and Stevie J. you would never know.
    Hey, Tippo's head didn't hit the ground, no matter what your own eyes and the video evidence may conclusively demonstrate. Just ask Mike Fitzpatrick. He'll tell you.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    I didn't watch the gws game but saw that the free kick count was 23-13 in favour of the dogs. Was this a fair reflection of the way the game was played? Or do we have the same to look forward to in the gf? Ie. Massive dog favouritism.
    The Dogs were favoured by the umpires.

Hmm the Bulldogs v Giants game i watched I didnt notice the umpiring - Giants ran out of legs no influence from umps on final result.

Cheers

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Johnson.jpgGo copulate with yourself mate, because all your brilliant round the corner dribble kicks couldn't make up for the fact that you are a twit who let your team down massively by stupid thuggery when you were there to model maturity, leadership and skill to a young group. I hope you enjoy the photo of yourself snarling like a rabid imbecile at Buddy Franklin because that's your highlight of the 2016 season. And it sums up your contribution, which otherwise could have been kicking the decider in a close grand final.
    Well said Velour!

If Aliir doesn't come up, I would move XR to defence and bring in McVeigh if fit, otherwise Cunningham. If Mills is fit then he comes in for Marsh. Hewett being dropped won't even come up for discussion.

Mills, Rohan, Parks, McVeigh, AA and Kennedy carrying injuries is certainly significant

Hopefully all 6 players can make it thru to GF day !!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Great question. Stevie J, the 33 y.o mature adult with a child's nickname, cost himself a place in the preliminary final - and consequently cost his team the Giants a place in the grand final - because of his ridiculous cheapshots in the QF. The very guy who was brought into the Giants because of his supposed knowledge and experience of how to handle the big occasions! The English language is an incredibly expressive vehicle, but I'm not sure it has the words to quite capture my pleasure at his pathetic dickhead behaviour denying him the one thing he was aiming for through that very dickheadery. I really hated how he carried on against us. How about just playing better footy than your opponent, sport? He's been carrying on with the same sniping crap his entire career and it is a malicious joy that it has finally cost him - and more importantly his team - in the biggest way imaginable. Despite his many reports, he's got off basically scott free until now. Payback is a bitch.

Go copulate with yourself mate, because all your brilliant round the corner dribble kicks couldn't make up for the fact that you are a twit who let your team down massively by stupid thuggery when you were there to model maturity, leadership and skill to a young group. I hope you enjoy the photo of yourself snarling like a rabid imbecile at Buddy Franklin because that's your highlight of the 2016 season. And it sums up your contribution, which otherwise could have been kicking the decider in a close grand final.
    Oh, the irony!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Warming the Bench
    I think the lopsided free kick count was probably due to the Orange Peril's thuggery rather than favouring the Dogs. Let's hope for good umpiring next week!

Quote Originally Posted by swannymum View Post
    I think the lopsided free kick count was probably due to the Orange Peril's thuggery rather than favouring the Dogs. Let's hope for good umpiring next week!
    So, why didn't they scrutinise them like this in the QF? Their free-kick count was larger than ours.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast