Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

To everyone giving an opinion about which of the players under injury cloud should play, why?? How on earth can you know?

I reckon that, if fully fit, each of Aliir, Mills and Macca should play. I'm not confident but I tip Laidler to go out before Swampy. And both will go out if all the other three play. Of course if they are not all fit, then selection will be easier.

For mine, the big question is will another tall be brought into replace Aliir if Aliir doesn't make it and, if so, who will it be?

* Could X be moved back? I think probably not - this would unnecessarily disturb what has been working up front.
    * Could the fairy tale happen and Teddy come in - I certainly wouldn't rule this out but nor am I tipping it. Would be awesome if it happened, more so if we win.
    * Will we make do with a shorter defence to match up on a shorter forward line? I think this is the most likely outcome if Aliir doesn't come good although I'm not sure we would bring in both Macca and Mills to play back in this scenario because if all of Aliir, Laids and Swampy go out we lose too much height. Maybe this is the scenario where Hewett is most vulnerable. I think either of Macca or Mills will be picked ahead of Hewett if that's what it comes down to.
    * Or, wild longshot, could Sam Reid be recalled?!! This thought came to mind when I saw him at training yesterday and he seemed to be covering the ground really well. Just checked on the AFL injury list and he is listed as out for 1-2 weeks with an Achilles but this is clearly out of date. What a massive surprise it would be if he were recalled! I did also notice that, like most of our first 22, he was wearing one of the red shirts, not the yellow vests - probably not much should be read into that. I didn't see Talia out there but I wasn't there all that long and didn't succeed in identifying all the players. I don't think he'd be a chance to be recalled.

Reading through the thread, there were some great posts - particular shout out to Odysseus for his Johnsonian irony post!

In other exciting news (at least for me), much to my astonishment I think I'm off to the big dance. After thinking I was no chance of getting tix in the ballot (because am only Priority 3 this year) and considering not even entering it I then didn't actually enter it due to my kids commandeering my attention for the entirety of the entry window on Thursday night. But then, today, I did see that there was the option in the further ballot (or, I thought it was a ballot - but it wasn't) - I thought I'll give it a go, put in my details in a mad rush on nearly the stroke of 11 and next thing you know it tells me I've been successful! I thought it was just a ballot and I wouldn't find out until later.

Only thing is I have a single ticket in the standing room section so I may wind up in a sea of Swans fans but all alone which will be a bitter-sweet, especially if we win. If we lose, I can just skulk off on my own. But if we win, I will miss my mates. Anyway, I am pretty confident we will win. Nearly as confident as I was before we played Geelong and a lot more confident than I would be if we were playing the Giants. Any tips for standing room - where to stand? Is it necessary to arrive much earlier? What to do about pit stops, especially with no mates to hold my spot? Any advice from people who have been there, done that, much appreciated.

Senior Player
    Standing room you get a bay assigned to you which you need to stand behind and yes the earlier you arrive the better

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Standing room you get a bay assigned to you which you need to stand behind and yes the earlier you arrive the better
    People just move all over the place. I was in a Swans standing room area in 2014 and 3 obnoxious Hawks supporters just came in when the Hawks got on top and proceeded to make the day unbearable with their baiting and arrogance. I even threatened to call security. Worst afternoon at the football ever and I'll be watching the game from home for this very reason on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Do some work!!!

Or at least try!!!
    I picked up a pen about an hour ago.
    I didn't write anything.
    Does that count.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I picked up a pen about an hour ago.
    I didn't write anything.
    Does that count.
    No doodles???

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The cultural and educative excellence of the RWO site is an under-appreciated gem, shielded from the glare of the outside world only, perhaps, by our exceeding modesty and humility. Here we discuss the significance of NAPLAN testing, gently correct one another on matters of modern manners (under what circumstances it is appropriate to dangle a scarf from a car window, for example), engage in discerning discussions of modern music (the musical merits of Sweet Caroline against Up their Cazaly), and discuss the intricacies of irony.
    My favourite thread was the one that degenerated into quotations from TS Eliot poems.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Time to replicate a Fearless Fosdike Grand Final performance?
    Or perhaps a Magic Mitch Morton one?

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Is the idea to get a spot as far forward as possible? I'm not sure how long I can stand in one spot, especially with no toilet breaks.

Are you standing on concrete or grass?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Is the idea to get a spot as far forward as possible? I'm not sure how long I can stand in one spot, especially with no toilet breaks.

Concrete.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Let's just hope that there is no emergency.
    Agreed. If that happens we're sunk.

- - - Updated - - -

Make small talk with those you're bumping shoulders with as early as you can. You'll be brothers and sisters in arms for the afternoon and they will usually hold your place for you (like when you have to go for a tinkle at a gig).
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    We registered separately so got a seat ticket and a standing room ticket. At 176cm I will be in the seat, probably with binoculars, and for obvious reasons my 192cm son will be doing the standing gig :-)

Senior Player

Until probably the 80s most people stood at every Aussie Rules game..it's not that hard!