Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Grand Final.

Veterans List
    Selection prediction is pretty fraught at this time of week, but based on Longmire's PC this morning, I'd say Mills for Aliir is the only change.

Also, there is no 'Buddy experiment'. There's a great football player who wanted to come to our club, and we signed him up to a contract.

Veterans List
    In; Kirk. Our secret weapon. He will have them meditating 10 minutes before they run out.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Selection prediction is pretty fraught at this time of week, but based on Longmire's PC this morning, I'd say Mills for Aliir is the only change.

Also, there is no 'Buddy experiment'. There's a great football player who wanted to come to our club, and we signed him up to a contract.
    Oh there is a "buddy experiment" all right. We are the only club to offer such a long and lucrative contract to any player before or since.
    It wont be over until the day he retires.

You can see Kirky all over the forward line right now can't you.

Even if there isn't a way FIND a way. Never panic, there's no point. Believe in everyone around you. Back up and back up. You don't have to be king of the mountain to make a difference. Be happy.

I think his influence is profound, and may make a big difference on Saturday
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Oh there is a "buddy experiment" all right. We are the only club to offer such a long and lucrative contract to any player before or since.
    In 1994, Alistair Lynch transferred to the Brisbane Bears. .... The term of Lynch's contract, ten years, was unprecedented and at the time considered by outsiders to be a great risk for the club.

Alastair Lynch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Money wise he was on a fair wage but the length of it meant it fell out of step with the cap increases as the game exploded. Much like ours with buddy. Funny how they renegotiated with Lynch near the end as he was on such peanuts.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Big Wednesday for Swans' injured trio - AFL.com.au

None of McVeigh, Aliir or Mills trained today. Not sure what that means, but I wouldn't think it's a good sign.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I just reckon that's disrespectful to Lance. He's played really well for us and has made a significant contribution in the two years we've made the GF of the 3 years he's been with us. He's clearly an excellent role model for and enjoys playing with the younger players. I'm really proud he's a Swan.

Senior Player
    I have had withdraw my offer to Horse to fill in for Allir on Saturday. I twisted my knee on the 17th yesterday playing a tricky
    uphill chip shot out of the rough. Grimacing in pain I struggled heroically on to par the last and finish the round with 35 points,
    and a 27th placing in the Members Comp.
    Mrs Tigers described it as Grade 0.63 medial ligament tear with possible cartilage and ego damage.
    Horse was disappointed but he told me he would use my tale of triumph against adversity to inspire the players just before
    they ran out onto the field against the Bulldogs.
    After a week awash with back stories, he said he could only go back to the well with Parks' tale of how he overcame the
    death of his goldfish when he was eight so many times. The new guys in the team wouldn't even take their headphones
    off anymore and last week he noticed Tippo had actually dozed off when he was talking.
    Last edited by KTigers; 26th September 2016 at 01:56 PM.

Richards chaired off but remains a GF chance - AFL.com.au

Great article about Ted getting chaired off at training today. Will miss his humour and personality

We need a few good back stories to compete with the dogs.

My own personal story of tragedy and hope might inspire the boys.

After battling tendonitis on an old knee injury, I finally found treatment at the clinic opposite the SCG where I underwent an advanced injection technique thats still experimental. Although Ive never meet Isaac Heeney, I was all to aware how parallel our lives had become.
    Hold up in a splint for a month, my training was limited to the stumble from the car park to my work desk. AJ and I were as kin, for the mental hurdles we had to overcome. Little did I know that my life would begin to parallel AJ more and more. .. Once the knee recovered, I set about an extensive rehabilitation plan, which involved walking down to the shops at lunchtime. Than bang, one sunny winters day, I blow out a tendon in my foot. Plastia Fistiatis, or some fancy term like that. So much like a 2nd ACL after just the first one, eh AJ ?
    So here I am, 6 weeks later, racing against the clock for a cricket season starting in 3 weeks. Preseason in tatters. The letters of goodwill have come flooding in but there is obviously a hold up at the post office.
    The only thing that keeps my spirits high is to see a sydney team win the flag. Its been 4 long years.

#sobrave.

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    With all the charges and other incidents being against the Giants, the lack of suspensions would have annoyed me if we were playing them in the GF.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast