Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swans Womens' Team?

About time! Really looking forward to the Swannie girls taking the field.

Important steps: Three big milestones for Sydney Swans AFLW. Exciting times!

Veterans List
    I like how Gowans has experience coaching a new side with North. And I like how he wants to be a mentor and shows importance in leaving a legacy.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I was watching some of the Geelong v Gold Coast game last night and I was impressed with Charlie Rowbottom. She loves going in and getting the ball. I hope we are keeping an eye on her.

The exciting developments continue:

* we signed our first player - It’s game on: Sydney Swans sign first AFLW player. Also, here's a great article analysing who else we might target: The Alex Docherty Column – Who Do Port Adelaide And Sydney Target In The AFLW Expansion? - The Mongrel Punt.

* the AFL are talking about starting the next season potentially as soon as this August!: 'They're ready to go': New AFLW clubs approve of August season start.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

And another 3: Swans make trio of AFLW signings (sydneyswans.com.au). Is that 11 in total? I'm not sure but it seems that only one of those signed so far (Privitelli) will have played AFLW before. Still a lot more to be signed/traded/drafted and I'm sure some of them will be more high profile and proven quality. I think list sizes are 30 in total - so another 19 to come.

It was encouraging to see James Rowbottom's mum, Peta Rowbottom, speak so positively about our club and culture: Mother's Day special: Rowbottom and McInerney (sydneyswans.com.au). Is there hope we could lure JR's sister, Charlie, here too? Charlie Rowbottom | AFL (goldcoastfc.com.au)

I'm not sure how long they've been there but the club has finally listed the AFLW player profiles: Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club. All the latest news, videos, results and information. Hurray!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123