Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Horse on SEN 7/2

Warming the Bench
    Any RWO'ers attend the unfurling of our Premiership Flag in 2006? What was it like?

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    At the port Adelaide game?

Was got spanked but was a top day banter wise. Don't remember the flag unfurling being a big spectacle though

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    Any RWO'ers attend the unfurling of our Premiership Flag in 2006? What was it like?
    Travelled up from Melbourne for the unfurling. Yes, Power beat us fairly easily and I agree with Industrial Fan - the unfurling itself was quite low key.
    However, it was a huge buzz just to be at an event I thought I'd never see in my lifetime.

It was great until the game started.

What was far better was the ceremony outside the Lake Oval a week after the GF where they raised Bobby Skilton in a cherry-picker to the roof of the old members' stand so he could run a Swans flag up the flagpole. It was a truly triumphant moment. The flag stayed there for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    At the port Adelaide game?

We got spanked
    Thank goodness we don't have that jinx hanging over our heads this season. I feel so much better now about losing the premiership. I'm going to send a letter to all those GF umpires for helping us go into the new season refreshed and feeling really positive about Round 1.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Thank goodness we don't have that jinx hanging over our heads this season. I feel so much better now about losing the premiership. I'm going to send a letter to all those GF umpires for helping us go into the new season refreshed and feeling really positive about Round 1.
    Didn't enjoy the unfurling?

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    But how do you "go on" if you don't accept it?
    I mean, yes it was unfair, and yes, maybe we should have won the flag, and yes, premierships can be very infrequent and you need to grab them while you can, but unless you can turn back time, it's time to get over it.
    I've tried accepting it. I don't feel any happier accepting it than not accepting it. I'm actually happier not accepting it and just constantly reminding dogs fans that their premiership was won by the umpires and media fapping over them.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Things can get heated when discussing last years GF. We all process things differently, not incorrectly and remember: Play the ball not the man.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Please don't lump me together with the abusers. I was asking them to stop.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Please don't lump me together with the abusers. I was asking them to stop.
    Please see pm.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345