Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Horse on SEN 7/2

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    They were magnificent and got a victory they have every right to celebrate and enjoy.

I was at the game, saw the tears of joy flow from Bulldogs fans and felt a heck of a lot better about that result (umpiring notwithstanding) than losing to the Hawks in 2014 (which still evokes a heavy, sick sensation in my gut). Umpiring variability is a part of competitive sport and the very best teams and individuals rise above it and dominate anyway.
    Nope. Disagree. Strongly disagree. They didn't deserve it. And they should be reminded forever.

2014 Hawks deserved it but 2016 is just @@@@@@ up.

Enjoyed an absolutely great presentation from a consummate speaker. Had the audience spell bound not just those invested in AFL. Some a length about the 3 pillars that underpin the core leadership of the club and the ownership that the whole playing group have of the whole process. The college made a video of the event and it should be available on the school website. I will send a link for those who may be interested.

I'm the one on the left.

I agree that it's done but I disagree that we have to suck it up. Let's not forget the AFL's statement about the standard of umpiring on the day. The club is right to make measured comments about it and we don't know what they've done behind closed doors. It won't change if nothing is done.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by graemed View Post
    Enjoyed an absolutely great presentation from a consummate speaker. Had the audience spell bound not just those invested in AFL. Some a length about the 3 pillars that underpin the core leadership of the club and the ownership that the whole playing group have of the whole process. The college made a video of the event and it should be available on the school website. I will send a link for those who may be interested.

I'm the one on the left.
    Sounds like a great day Graeme - what I really like about Longmire is he is a deep thinking, well considered speaker, whenever asked for his opinion. Sounds like the talk today at the school was really worth it, and will have a listen when I get a chance.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm the one on the left.
    Kevin Sheedy did a talk at my High School because Ken Fraser was the principal.
    Very inspiring and motivational.
    Lucky you getting horse...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    I support bloodspirit's post.

I'd like to add that the whingers have had 4 months to vent their frustrations - I think it's now time to give it a rest.

There's an exciting season ahead for us - let's enjoy!
    #imwithbloodspirit
    I expect Horse to be 100% focused on 2017 from here on in. I am.

Senior Player
    I am so sick and *#@!ing tired of hearing whinging about umpiring! OK, the Bulldogs got the rub of the green, it suited everyone except us and, depending on your point of view, the premiership is tainted. But do we have to go on about it ad nauseam? It's so pointless and discouraging and pathetic. I think the right noises were made via the right channels at the right times (thank you Horse and the Swans) and there's nothing more to be done. Bleating won't get us the flag now. And it looks bad and is horrible to read/listen to. It's sore losing and it ain't the Bulldogs fault. They were magnificent and got a victory they have every right to celebrate and enjoy.

I was at the game, saw the tears of joy flow from Bulldogs fans and felt a heck of a lot better about that result (umpiring notwithstanding) than losing to the Hawks in 2014 (which still evokes a heavy, sick sensation in my gut). Umpiring variability is a part of competitive sport and the very best teams and individuals rise above it and dominate anyway. In 2016 we were good enough to win but we weren't so good that not winning meant we wuz robbed. Let's be even better this year!

Rant over.
    My apologies, I didn't mean to trigger a rant.

Don't sweat it Blue Sun! Even though I borrowed the word "tainted" from your post, and mine came right after yours, your post was not the trigger. Indeed your post, for mine, was relatively benign and palatable. I wouldn't call it whinging. Anyway you're just as free as me to express your opinion and I quite enjoyed getting my rant off my chest. Cheer cheer.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Don't sweat it Blue Sun! Even though I borrowed the word "tainted" from your post, and mine came right after yours, your post was not the trigger. Indeed your post, for mine, was relatively benign and palatable. I wouldn't call it whinging. Anyway you're just as free as me to express your opinion and I quite enjoyed getting my rant off my chest. Cheer cheer.
    Bloodspirit - Or whatever @@@@@@@ team you support , you must be delusional. Your sick and tired of the whingeing, why frankly I am sick and tired of people telling me to suck it up.!! Tears from Bulldog supporters, oh give me a F## break!! If it was always gunna be a Bulldogs flag, why did we even bother playing the game?? Just hand over the Cup. I for one do not endorsed or embraced corruption in organised sport. I paid $600 to watch a good and fair game, I did not receive that. As I said, losing was not he point, it was the factor of how we lost.

Senior Player

I'm the one on the left.
    I'd love to see this. Is it on the school website?? What school?

I'm going to assume it was mine that inspired you to appoint yourself as the thought police.

No I wont suck it up. The umpiring was not up to standard and influenced the outcome.

Sport is ALL about two competitors having an even chance at the contest. The Sydney Swans did not get an even chance. I accept losing if we get an even contest as in the losses of 96, 06, and 14, but in 2016 we did not get an even contest. To put it down to the vagaries of "umpiring variability" is a very convenient way of dismissing a totally inept performance by the umpires that produced a contrived result. Whether they were instructed to umpire the game that way or were just sucked in by the romance of the fairy tale, no one will ever know.

So no I wont stop "whinging" as you refer to it. Because in a very even game, with all things being equal, we were good enough to win it. All things weren't equal, and the fairy tale was born.

Veterans List
    Be interesting to see how the Dogs go this year now that the manufactured high tackle has been given a new interpretation and that throwing is going to be more closely monitored by the umps. Dogs have profited from those two interpretations in the past.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast