Thread: RIP Talking Footy

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

RIP Talking Footy

Don't know whether any of you are familiar with the show.

"Talking Footy" filled the need of a footy show for those with more than two brain cells. Over the years they've done the best dissection and evaluation of whats going on in football.
    Not to mention easily the best interviews.

Last year Bruce & Co had Paul Roos, Greg Stafford and BBBH on, so far this year the Swans have almost been completely ignored.

Unfortunately Tim Watson's now the compare, with the assistance of David Parkin and frankly it's been dumbed down terribly.

Veteran Site Admin
    There's another thread going on this subject on the "General AFL" forum

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/for...&threadid=4263

On the Rookie List
    I reckon talking footy is still alright this year. No bruce McAvaney is definetely a plus although Tim Watson does remind me of a placticine figure a la Wallace and Gromitt. That Steve Price gives me the ****s though, stick to radio buddy. Dave Parkin is quite insightsul and adds something to it that poor old Timmy W and his plastic face simply can't.

I reckon Talking Footy has been good this year. They all talk a bit of crap, but so does everyone in the media.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by muzza
    I reckon talking footy is still alright this year. No bruce McAvaney is definetely a plus although Tim Watson does remind me of a placticine figure a la Wallace and Gromitt. That Steve Price gives me the ****s though, stick to radio buddy. Dave Parkin is quite insightsul and adds something to it that poor old Timmy W and his plastic face simply can't.
    Disagree about Bruce, I thought he worked brilliantly with such luminarioes as Matthews, Blight and Walls by not competing with them.
    Watson's problem other than the whole plasticine thing is that he thinks he is a luminary, and he isn't ~ so he should just take a back seat.

I couldn't believe how easily he let Cornflakes Thomas grease through the baker/concussion thing. Talking Footy used to be about incitefull and probing interviews!

Also I think the whole Mal v's Rex thing is the sort of moronic crap best left to the footy show.