Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 3 V Collingwood

I can't imagine Horse making too many unenforced changes this week given (1) How many kids are already playing (2) We really need to beat Collingwood and put another nail in Buckley's coaching career. So I think he'll only do Tippett --> Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    I can't imagine Horse making too many unenforced changes this week given (1) How many kids are already playing (2) We really need to beat Collingwood and put another nail in Buckley's coaching career. So I think he'll only do Tippett --> Cameron.
    +1

`

Hayward has that X factor doesn't he

He is seriously exciting for a baby faced assassin

i also started to wonder whether he could rotate thru the HBF

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Hayward has that X factor doesn't he

He is seriously exciting for a baby faced assassin

i also started to wonder whether he could rotate thru the HBF
    Big ask for someone who's always been a forward. They usually only make those changes when someone has had a preseason at it, like Mills did last year, was a midfielder but trained the preseason as a HBF.

Despite my reservations, Hayward aquitted himself very well against serious opposition. Looks a winner as does Florent albeit they are both very young and underdeveloped. Nice work recruiters.

Senior Player
    I'm also for minimal changes from last week. I'm liking the overhead marking of Cameron and which neither Sinclair now Tippett nor Naismith are great at.

Out Tippett.
    In Cameron.

I would go Sinclair. Better ruck than Cameron and can kick goals.

I would predict that this would be the last game before a general soreness break for Florent.

Still 18 and it's hard to maintain effectiveness unless freshened up every 3 to 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I'm also for minimal changes from last week. I'm liking the overhead marking of Cameron and which neither Sinclair now Tippett nor Naismith are great at.

Out Tippett.
    In Cameron.
    I agree. Naismith is the main ruck. The player coming in for Tippett should be a ruck/fwd. Sinclair has shown that he can't take a grab. Give Cameron a go. The club might err on the side of caution however and go with the experienced player.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Ridge View Post
    I would predict that this would be the last game before a general soreness break for Florent.

Still 18 and it's hard to maintain effectiveness unless freshened up every 3 to 4 weeks.
    Doubt he'll get a rest until an injured player is ready to return as there is no one performing strongly enough in the NEAFL to push him out and they have a bye this week.

But agree he and Hayward as first year players will be managed. Heeney and Mills were slightly different in their debut year as they had come out of the more intense academy training program and not having to wait for the ND, I fairly sure they did full preseasons as "auto" selections to the Swans.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I agree. Naismith is the main ruck. The player coming in for Tippett should be a ruck/fwd. Sinclair has shown that he can't take a grab. Give Cameron a go. The club might err on the side of caution however and go with the experienced player.
    I realise stats don't always paint an accurate picture (especially with factoring ToG) but last year Tippo averaged 2.9 marks/game, Sinclair 2.8 (down from 4.2 with Weagles) and Naismith 2. Sinclair, I believe, has the potential to be a good fwd/ruck but has had a @@@@ run with injuries.
    The problem I see in the ruck is that we have more fwd/ruck (Tippo, Sinclair, Cameron) than ruck/fwd (Naismith and last year Nankervis). But then again what do I know :-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Good post, Rogue!

Only I think Tippo and Sinkers are perfectly serviceable rucks, albeit without being brilliant. Hopefully Cameron is or will become the same with a bit more tutelage.

Papers are suggesting sinclair will get the nod

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Doubt he'll get a rest until an injured player is ready to return as there is no one performing strongly enough in the NEAFL to push him out and they have a bye this week.

But agree he and Hayward as first year players will be managed. Heeney and Mills were slightly different in their debut year as they had come out of the more intense academy training program and not having to wait for the ND, I fairly sure they did full preseasons as "auto" selections to the Swans.
    Heeney in his 1st season had a knee injury that kept him out for weeks and gave him a break. Even last season Heeney needed a mid season break to rediscover his sparkling early season form.

Mills got a break from memory last season against the Gold Coast in those wet conditions. He sustained a soft tissue injury late last year, which may or may not been due to a long first season. I think playing half back is less physically demanding than playing the forward pressure roles that Florent and Haywood are playing now.

Resting older players can be beneficial as well. Terry Venebles the famours Soccer coach once sent his star striker Garry Liniker on a two week midseason break to Spain to freshen up. He was not scoring goals before his break and the coach realised he was exhausted after years of club and national duty in the summer. When he came back from his break he could not stop scoring goals.

Why not do the same with a Parker, Kennedy or Hannas if they are looking tired midseason. Give one of them the week off before the buy week and send them on holiday. Hannas could go to Vegas with some mates, Parker could go on a surfing trip and Kennedy could visit his partners family. I would be very confident that if you gave these guys some decent time off to mentally refresh then they would come back in sparkling form at the back end of the season. You could only do it with one of them at a time.

I will get the chorus saying there professional athletes and should be able to cope. Well how many of these posters have had to put their own bodies through what Kennedy, Parker or Hannas endure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast