Sydney v Brisbane

10: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    6: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)
    5: Sam Murray (Sydney)
    4: Ryan Bastinac (Brisbane)
    2: Rohan Bewick (Brisbane)
    2: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)
    1: Jordan Dawson (Sydney)
    Seems like everyone who saw the game thought that Newman was BOG. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for him to get back into the firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Seems like everyone who saw the game thought that Newman was BOG. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for him to get back into the firsts.
    It would be good to know why he keeps being dropped when it looks to my untrained eye like he should be in the AFL

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Who would you drop from Sunday?

I am glad he got a taste of senior footy, and I'm sure he'll have another chance, but I'd be happy to see him and a couple of others have to bust their guts to get back in the team.

He certainly seems a RWO Favourite. I think he has been serviceable at best in the seniors and in time he will be a capable senior footballer but I'm not sure he is quite there yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Agree with others that Newman was clearly BOG and showed that he shouldn't have been dropped. I noticed he did a lot more pointing at the start of the second half, but then missed a kick on goal, so went back to just playing footy.

Ludwig's Best: Newman, Cameron, Murray, Dawson, Maibaum.

COL not my best, but I like his toughness. Had a decent game, but made some errors.

Cedric Cox is another kid from Halls Creek, like SPS of Carlton. There was a 3rd Halls Creek kid who I liked, but went undrafted.

Will Davies is such a biased and poor commentator. I don't mind that he's a Lion's supporter, but he makes so many mistakes that the audio and visual just don't match up. He must do it for free, because I can't imagine getting paid for that kind of performance.

The umpiring was baffling at times. They probably get paid, but not sure if it's from the NEAFL.
    The umpires are on the AFL Umpiring panel which has not even one from NSW.

Having at last gotten around to viewing the game I saw it similar to others. Agree that Newman, Cameron and Murray best. Newman worked hard and had some outstanding highlights (like his first goal). Cameron was tireless and effective. Murray was excellent and everywhere. Played mostly in defence but also forward. After that O'Riordan was my next pick. I thought he worked hard, showed glimpses of class and ferocity. Overall it wasn't nearly as good a game as last week against the Thunder in Darwin.

BJ worked hard and showed leadership but didn't have much impact. Rose was disappointing for mine, although there were a couple of highlights. Foote didn't have much impact either although he also worked hard and played a physical role in the guts. Leonardis did some nice things but overall not enough. Didn't much like Fisher's game. Fox went missing (might have been on limited game time?). I thought Talia and Maibaum both did well in defence. Talia displayed some leadership marshalling the other defenders. Pink didn't have much impact but worked hard and did some useful things. I continue to like him.

All year I have been impressed by the toppies. They have been great and often seem to play with more desperation than the listed players. (their youth?) In particular I thought Gowers, Mapleson and Brown all were good. While he didn't stand out more than the others I can see why they rewarded Mapleson with votes for his game. He hasn't got much recognition and was very involved, especially late in the first half when he scored a goal and a behind.

All in all a good performance from a not especially strong Swans Reserves side to come back from 4 goals down early against the unbeaten NEAFL leaders and then win comfortably.

Question: why didn't Aliir play in the NEAFL? Was it because of his indiscretion? If so, was this necessary? I get that he needed to be dressed down and not considered for senior selection but why couldn't he play NEAFL (especially since it was known from Friday that he wouldn't play seniors)?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456