Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8 v North

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Rohan comes in if we want to drop Towers. I'm ambivalent about this one despite not rating Towers, but he did play well against Brisbane and Gary hasn't done much this season and could perhaps look to get form and conditioning in the reserves this week.
    I agree with your ambivalence I don't get the unabashed and unwarranted love for Gary on this site. For a number 6 draft pick he hasn't delivered what we hoped for. And before I get shot down with howls of protest yes I know he has been injured and I admire him coming back from them , but compare his career stats with perennial whipping boy Dean Towers.
    Who gives us better value for money?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/f...&fid1=C&fid2=C

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I agree with your ambivalence I don't get the unabashed and unwarranted love for Gary on this site. For a number 6 draft pick he hasn't delivered what we hoped for. And before I get shot down with howls of protest yes I know he has been injured and I admire him coming back from them , but compare his career stats with perennial whipping boy Dean Towers.
    Who gives us better value for money?

Gary Rohan and Dean Towers AFL Stats Comparison
    Geez that's a sobering comparison. Like the footballing version of the poggendorff illusion. Perhaps it's because footywire is missing the 'super clanger' category, which Towers would own.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Geez that's a sobering comparison. Like the footballing version of the poggendorff illusion. Perhaps it's because footywire is missing the 'super clanger' category, which Towers would own.
    No to be fair they don't break the clangers down into category's just a simple total figure and career average. Did you happen to notice what the actual figures were ?
    I just wanted to provide some balance to temper the unjustified and unrealistic expectations that Gary seems to bring out on this forum.

Senior Player
    I love Gaz but there's no way in the world that Towers should make way for him this week.

Towers was great on the weekend and deserves an extended run in the seniors. Gazs last half of uninjured football produced 1 kick, and he wasn't much better in the games prior

Goes up to 11
    10 disposals from Gaz can still have a real impact on a game (a la Cyril, not that I'm comparing them). Frustrating that he can't get a good run at it.

Dean needs to work on having an impact in games.

Warming the Bench
    We've had a lot of players come straight back into seniors returning from injury, we don't need another one. I hope they give Gaz a run in the 2's.

One change this week Newman for Florent

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    ... I don't get the unabashed and unwarranted love for Gary on this site. ...
    I have met Gaz a few times at the training camp here is Coffs and he is the nicest footballer I have ever met. Always has plenty of times for the kids and fans. I reckon that is why many RWOer's have "unabashed and unwarranted love for Gary" and really just want him to reach his potential. [/bromance]
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 11th May 2017 at 09:58 AM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Yes, even though I think that Towers has problems with choosing the right options, I don't think he should be dropped, after he just turned in one of his better performances. Especially if his main problem is an up and down level of confidence.
    Though I would like to see the ginger ninja back in: as he gives us more pace, can harass opposition runners well and when he gets hold of the ball, he can create havoc (usually for the opposition).
    To me, the one most likely to make way is Florent. While he is obviously talented, he hasn't quite put it together yet and it will probably do him good to dominate a few NEAFL games.

Agree but I do think Florent has been given a very simplistic pressure role

He hasn't Been given a role to roam in the forwards nor a role to lead

Hence this makes his "run with" type role to prevent rebound fairly boring to watch

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    10 disposals from Gaz can still have a real impact on a game (a la Cyril, not that I'm comparing them). Frustrating that he can't get a good run at it.

Dean needs to work on having an impact in games.
    The problem with Gaz is that it's taken 6 quarters of football this season for him to accumulate those 10 possessions and he's had zero impact. He should have been bought back through the NEAFL in the first instance to gain some fitness and see a bit more of the ball for his own good, and I maintain he should be coming back through the NEAFL this week.

As for Towers, I would have thought his 20 possessions last week did impact the game

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I would have thought Gaz would be switching for Florent, not Towers especially after last week.

We've had so many seniors out I think we've had to rush some back in to get to a critical mass but from here on they should be brought back via the seconds as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    We've had a lot of players come straight back into seniors returning from injury, we don't need another one. I hope they give Gaz a run in the 2's.

One change this week Newman for Florent
    He missed one game. It's not like McV who hadn't played in 7 months. Whether he needs to find form in the NEAFL is another matter.

Florent out for Gaz makes sense to me

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast