Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Round 9: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    He got picked and then played very very poorly then went back & got some form and missed a compulsory training session when picked again. So was dropped. In any top level sport there will be ramifications. You either live in a cave or have no semblance of what's required in professional sport if you think he should not have been disciplined. You still will not answer who you were dropping for Talia & Aliir?
    A fine would normally suffice for being up to 30 minutes late to a training session. You don't normally drop a bloke for that little blemish on his sheet. If he didn't turn up at all yes but less than 30 minutes??? I'm not sure what is going on with him and Longmire but it is not a good look. There definitely seems to be some tension there. In fact there seems to be some tension in the team as well. I wonder if Tippett's form has anything to do with his punch up with Reg? Those things can divide a club. The other thing is that several very good players seem down on form and I'm not sure they have confidence in the game plan. I know I don't.

As for reserves players who should play in the seniors in the coming weeks; Aliir, Cameron, Edwards (if there is the ability to upgrade), Dawson.

Several senior players need to be put on notice; Tippett, Sinclair, Parker (never thought I'd be saying this), Hewett, Towers. The two young guys, Florent & Hayward, need a rest so this week will be very good for them. they maybe need to return to the Twos to get same real ball time.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    A fine would normally suffice for being up to 30 minutes late to a training session. You don't normally drop a bloke for that little blemish on his sheet. If he didn't turn up at all yes but less than 30 minutes??? I'm not sure what is going on with him and Longmire but it is not a good look. There definitely seems to be some tension there. In fact there seems to be some tension in the team as well. I wonder if Tippett's form has anything to do with his punch up with Reg? Those things can divide a club. The other thing is that several very good players seem down on form and I'm not sure they have confidence in the game plan. I know I don't.

As for reserves players who should play in the seniors in the coming weeks; Aliir, Cameron, Edwards (if there is the ability to upgrade), Dawson.

Several senior players need to be put on notice; Tippett, Sinclair, Parker (never thought I'd be saying this), Hewett, Towers. The two young guys, Florent & Hayward, need a rest so this week will be very good for them. they maybe need to return to the Twos to get same real ball time.
    No dropped for not attending training.

Swans' Aliir axed for missing AFL training | SBS News

Could have put other links in but just grabbed the first just in case someone asked for proof.

I think your drawing a long bow trying to link Grundys incident/fine. He does it in a lot of games. Just caught in afl crackdown week.

One can be upgraded after the bye from rookie list.
    Agree on the rest for both. Totally agree on bringing those players at some stage if form warrants and other players lack form. And agree on looking at the others except Towers, has not done a lot wrong since coming back & Parker basically had his pre season wrecked so I do cut him some slack.

Like I said previously I think a lot of players just thought it would click n started thinking about finals before the season started n now are trying to play catch up. It's an old cliche but it really is only one week at a time.

Oh lastly I'd add Talia to that list.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Clearances Swans 34 Suns 24

Jack 5, Fisher 5
    Dawson 4
    Fox 3, Edwards 3, Marsh 3, Cameron 3
    Pink 2
    Murray 1, Leonardis 1, Gowers 1, Maibaum 1, Barkley 1, Wicks 1

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL MVP votes

5: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Robbie Fox (Sydney)
    5: Dan Currie (Gold Coast)
    4: Michael Talia (Sydney)
    3: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
    3: Shaun Edwards (Sydney)
    2: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)
    2: Darcy Macpherson (Gold Coast)
    1: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)

Marsh 5-0 or 4-1
    Fox 5-0 or 4-1
    Currie 5-0 or 4-1
    Talia 4-0
    Foote 3-0
    Edwards 3-0
    O'Riordan 2-0
    Macpherson 2-0
    Cameron 1-0

Veterans List
    How do those votes match our official Best Players?

I'm always intrigued as to the why's of of ressie Best Players. I know a couple of games I saw last year where the official bests just didn't match what I'd observed with my own eyes.

Ugg, how to you rate Fisher? Is he a GWS Academy product?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    NEAFL MVP votes

5: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    5: Robbie Fox (Sydney)
    5: Dan Currie (Gold Coast)
    4: Michael Talia (Sydney)
    3: Jordan Foote (Sydney)
    3: Shaun Edwards (Sydney)
    2: Colin O�Riordan (Sydney)
    2: Darcy Macpherson (Gold Coast)
    1: Darcy Cameron (Sydney)

Marsh 5-0 or 4-1
    Fox 5-0 or 4-1
    Currie 5-0 or 4-1
    Talia 4-0
    Foote 3-0
    Edwards 3-0
    O'Riordan 2-0
    Macpherson 2-0
    Cameron 1-0
    That is horrendous. 9 different votes - surely it's not that hard.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567