Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 20. Geelong V Sydney. Simonds Stadium 19.50 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    Second trip to the cattery and first win. Loving it. And well done to the two groups of rednwhites who kept reminding the silenced Geelong crowd who was on top. Great night swans!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    First win? Haven't we beaten them a few times down there?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    First win? Haven't we beaten them a few times down there?
    First win for me in person.

Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    It'll get me shouted down but thought Tippos efforts in and around the ball were fantastic. Nothing special in the air but lots of second and third efforts. Mind you, Sinclair was very good too

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    I want to win the next eight games.
    There's only 7 to go, I like that you are thinking ahead to 2018

Veterans List
    His ducking had nothing to do with his injury. He did it jumping for a contested ball.
    He injured his ankle again in the Buddy tackle. They might regret bringing him back on.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    His ducking had nothing to do with his injury. He did it jumping for a contested ball.
    You are wrong. That was the first incident, when he got tangled up with Zack Smith. He got strapped up after that one and came back on. I'm talking about the next incident, when he was tackled by Buddy and got his ankle snagged because he was sloping down and staging for a free kick rather than doing anything positive - as per normal.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It'll get me shouted down but thought Tippos efforts in and around the ball were fantastic. Nothing special in the air but lots of second and third efforts. Mind you, Sinclair was very good too
    I thought Sinclair's efforts around the ground were excellent. Lots of tackles, contested possessions and some good forward entries. Clearly the best ruckman around the ground now.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Yep, they were both good. Tippett scrambled well at ground level, took a couple of decent overhead marks. Sinclair ran hard all game - easily game high inside 50s, 13 contested possessions. Both deserve to play next week.

I have been a little critical of Newman, but he was good. Won a couple of HTBs, kicked well.

Parker , very good game.
    Tried his hand at speeches, ran out of ideas after two, so up front .

First one was jumping onto his own player's foot. The second one, which ended his night, was in the Franklin tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannette View Post
    Second trip to the cattery and first win. Loving it. And well done to the two groups of rednwhites who kept reminding the silenced Geelong crowd who was on top. Great night swans!

I might be biased, but it's always nice to claim a bit of opposition turf for the night. Though up here in Queensland, it's slightly passe.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thought that Tippett worked his way into the game and had a good second half.

Veterans List
    Very satisfying win and a % booster. I'm with you guys enjoying that Selwood's second injury was because he slumped down for the free, the Selwoods got three high tackles in a row at that stage.

Great that we won big without much from Buddy.

Reid was great, I don't want to hear him being put down on here, same with McVeigh who must get a contract for next year.

Imagine how much bigger the margin could have been with Dawson in the side :-)