Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes Rd 21 v Freo

Senior Player
    Longmire has confirmed Naismith won't be playing this week. Kennedy still a possibility

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'd love to see some sort of a chart on Hanneberys form over the season. It would be your classic J curve. The last few weeks he's shown that he's returning to the form that we all know he can produce. I'm tipping him to be one of our best players this finals series.
    I think Hannebery's season has been interesting. Even though his form has been pretty good over the last couple of months, he's playing a different role. I don't think he's running nearly as much as in past seasons and certainly his disposal count has been well down. But he's laying more tackles, and I think his kicking has been much better too - possibly because he's not as fatigued as in past seasons. The change could be natural progression or tactical change, or could indicate he is carrying something that is preventing him running as much. (Some kind of groin soreness was speculated over a few weeks ago.) I think we have more players capable of running hard on the outside now, which reduces the reliance on Hanners doing this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'm not a fan of Tippett but I think with Naismith injured he needs to be given another go to see if he sinks or swims.
    You're probably right and we should give Tippett another game even though Sinclair has been playing better. If he's dropped now, he's finished for this year, barring injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think Hannebery's season has been interesting. Even though his form has been pretty good over the last couple of months, he's playing a different role. I don't think he's running nearly as much as in past seasons and certainly his disposal count has been well down. But he's laying more tackles, and I think his kicking has been much better too - possibly because he's not as fatigued as in past seasons. The change could be natural progression or tactical change, or could indicate he is carrying something that is preventing him running as much. (Some kind of groin soreness was speculated over a few weeks ago.) I think we have more players capable of running hard on the outside now, which reduces the reliance on Hanners doing this all the time.
    Good observation and explains a lot. I had the feeling that he's been playing well, but just not seeing him popping up all over the place during games.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    If it's based on disposal efficiency then yes. Jones has been underperforming but he's in our best 22.
    Jones was well-tagged last week.
    He couldn't move an inch.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    For a gladiatorial-style sport, isn't that a good thing?
    No.
    It's never a good thing when I am annoyed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Regular in the Side
    we should have traded naismith instead of Nankervis. sam to injury prone. cant play more than 4 in a row, a bit like tips.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Very interesting observation. It feels like Lloyd in particular is playing the outside part of Hanners role and Dan is playing more as an inside midfielder. I seem to remember him playing forward against Geelong which felt unusual.

When Lloyd was out v Hawthorn it felt like Hanners could NOT cover for him effectively. But that could also be the whole outcoaching business.

Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    Very interesting observation. It feels like Lloyd in particular is playing the outside part of Hanners role and Dan is playing more as an inside midfielder. I seem to remember him playing forward against Geelong which felt unusual.

When Lloyd was out v Hawthorn it felt like Hanners could NOT cover for him effectively. But that could also be the whole outcoaching business.
    Lloyd is an must-have for EVERY game.
    He's a silent achiever.

The Dawsaon scenario is actually quite simple.
    Longmire is saving him as a secret weapon for the grand final.
    It will be his first game, first goal, and first flag.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    The Dawsaon scenario is actually quite simple.
    Longmire is saving him as a secret weapon for the grand final.
    It will be his first game, first goal, and first flag.
    I know it was a dreadful game with an even worse result but he's already played against Collingwood.

I would not mind seeing Dawson get a game against Fremantle or Carlton.

I know he is behind Robinson, Foote, Cunningham and Florent. But he seems a different type of midfielder. He seems a solid inside midfielder who can also hurt the opposition with his contested marking and kicking.

There might be a situation during the finals where he is the best replacement for an injured player. But then gets overlooked for a midfielder that has played seniors more recently.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast