Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All Australian

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    Best defence in the competition, yet not one defender makes the squad... Grundy is criminally underrated.

Too many players get nominated based on reputation.. Bontempelli had an extremely average year, no better than Parker and makes the squad
    Rance been named as Captain! Bit Surprised. Paul Roos did say that Rance is the best defender in the comp, but Grundy is the best one on one defender in the comp. He is very much underrated by many in the Media.

Senior Player
    I couldn't be bothered with the AA this year, underwhelmed about the very mediocre seats in the Trumper we ended up with for Saturday
    week, while some blow-ins will no doubt be sitting in our choice seats in the Brewongle. This club membership thing, it's a bit of a
    racket sometimes. Besides, Alex Rance, he's not even captain of his own team. Watched this show on the ABC called "Utopia" instead.
    It was pretty funny actually.

Should be picked by the coaches. Give them all of this week to finalise it n have it on Friday instead of the superules.

Veterans List
    Players who make the team are usually interviewed on 360. Josh wasn't interviewed. Rance was. I knew then that Josh maybe would miss out. He has been no lesser player than Selwood and Selwood got interviewed. It appears that because we lost the first 6 games a line was put through our players. They could hardly leave Buddy out.

Regular in the Side
    Yes Boddo ... Freudian slip!

Regular in the Side
    A few comments about the "show" have moved me say that IMO it was totally drab and boring ... the "questioning" of the selectors never went anywhere which was predictable ... the intro's and the elevated presentation of each 3 bordered on amateurish farce ... the seeming disinterest of the audience seemed to confirm what I felt ... I was again amazed by how "Robbo" has a job to do with football at all let alone be the AFL man at the Sun-Herald or have a gig on 360. I found his pushing of JKP to be in and captain never struck me as well considered this year ... but he seemed totally oblivious to what even this board is not fussing about! I wouldn't watch next year if it was anything like this.

AA is a joke anyway, players like Joel Selwood get in the side because of their reputation only.

Selwood - Missed 4 games, injured start/midway through 2 games, poor performances in Geelong's losses. Only averages 25.8 touches with 3.4 coming from free kicks.
    Cue the AA selectors crapping on about his "courage"

Senior Player
    Is Joey a smokey for the Charlie?
    C'mon Chels!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Hardly. No-one is a smokey, given that Dusty managed to get through the H&A season without getting himself suspended. I think he'll smash the record for the most votes ever. Not only was he the Tigers' best player in a majority of games (most of which they won), his dynamic style of play and his physical appearance make him stand out. His contributions are not likely to have gone unnoticed by the umpires.

And I agree with others here that this hasn't been Kennedy's most dominant season either. He's still played a number of mightily fine games, but I think we've had a variety of players bob up with BOG performances throughout the year. I don't expect any Swans to score more than a dozen or so votes. And while we've been the highest overall polling side for the last couple of seasons, I don't expect that to continue this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Tell you what I'll give you whatever odds you want if you place the bet with me

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hardly. No-one is a smokey, given that Dusty managed to get through the H&A season without getting himself suspended. I think he'll smash the record for the most votes ever.
    Take away the asterisk and our Teaser will always hold that record!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeynez View Post
    AA is a joke anyway, players like Joel Selwood get in the side because of their reputation only.

Selwood - Missed 4 games, injured start/midway through 2 games, poor performances in Geelong's losses. Only averages 25.8 touches with 3.4 coming from free kicks.
    Cue the AA selectors crapping on about his "courage"
    +1

Guys gets 4 free kicks a game if anyone else does what he does they call it staging. Shouldn't even be in the 40 man squad his teammate Mitch Duncan has had a better year.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast