Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: All Australian

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Thanks Stellation for these stats ... on this analysis JPK probably deserved that bench spot ... an eye opener that Josh gets very few free kicks while the Sellwood stats are inflated by them ... and it would be interesting to see (not that I question his bravery) how many are of the "here I am catch me high after I very neatly duck my head type at exactly the right moment type" which Kennedy NEVER does. The bravery thing is way overstated ... anyone prepared to say he is braver than Kennedy?
    I am prepared to agree with your free kick summation of Selwood but I am also prepared to say he is also very brave.... It has to be said that he does at times go where others fear to tread and ends up with his head bandaged more than any other player......but no, I am NOT prepared to say he is braver than Joey, because Joey never ducks or raises his arm to get cheap frees....he earns them (all 17 of them for the entire season, that says it all about how hard it is for the Swans to earn a free).

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    Is Joey a smokey for the Charlie?
    Not sure, but I reckon Franklin is.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Not sure, but I reckon Franklin is.
    I don't think he'll come close to winning it (in terms of close to polling as many votes as Dusty) but I do think he's got a good chance of being the highest polling Swan. It's always hard to know how the umpires will view the performances of big forwards. Even when they kick a bag they often get overlooked.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I don't think he'll come close to winning it (in terms of close to polling as many votes as Dusty) but I do think he's got a good chance of being the highest polling Swan. It's always hard to know how the umpires will view the performances of big forwards. Even when they kick a bag they often get overlooked.
    Well worth listening to Whateley's comments on the 'travesty' of Joey missing All Australian selection on today's ABC Saturday Agenda program. You can catch it on soundcloud.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Thanks Stellation for these stats ... on this analysis JPK probably deserved that bench spot ... an eye opener that Josh gets very few free kicks while the Sellwood stats are inflated by them ... and it would be interesting to see (not that I question his bravery) how many are of the "here I am catch me high after I very neatly duck my head type at exactly the right moment type" which Kennedy NEVER does. The bravery thing is way overstated ... anyone prepared to say he is braver than Kennedy?
    I think Selwood is a superb footballer that I would be delighted to play for the Swans - but not at the cost of JPK. I think it's been roundly acknowledged that the AA committee got this one wrong - Joey can ease his pain by holding up the Cup on the first Saturday in October.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    I think Selwood is a superb footballer that I would be delighted to play for the Swans - but not at the cost of JPK. I think it's been roundly acknowledged that the AA committee got this one wrong - Joey can ease his pain by holding up the Cup on the first Saturday in October.
    This year's Grand Final is on September 30.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    You can't really be blamed for quoting incorrect date....that wonderful fount of AFL knowledge (The Daily Telegraph) has repeatedly printed grand final date as Saturday October 1st .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456