Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for elimination final v Essendon, Saturday 9 September

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Billericay View Post
    nice.

Listening to the Age Realfooty podcast yesterday. They all agreed that Tippett should make way for Naismith because he couldn't be relied upon and he wasn't good at playing through injury. Words to the effect that the doctors thought he should have been OK to play on but Tippett didn't (not sure if this was the Carlton game or earlier in the year). I agree that Tippett should make way. Don't know if the match committee will agree though.

I also think Towers stays in over Hayward. Think Towers is harder (than an 18 yo skinny first year player).

So I still think its

IN: Naismith, Hanners, Paps
    OUT: Cunningham, Tippo, Hayward
    Well tipped!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Strong team. Now just have to come out forcefully and put The Bombers away.

Happy with the changes. Glad to see Sinclair rewarded. Strong Swans like decision to leave Tippett out due to him being injury prone.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Really disappointed for poor Horse that Hayward was dropped, he must be gutted.

Edit: Wait- drop him so he can play in a magoos premiership THEN bring him back in for the run to the seniors premiership. Way to go, Johnny!
    Last edited by stellation; 7th September 2017 at 07:59 PM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'd pick him of his form warranted it, but with a strict warning that if he f's up again, it's over. We won't tolerate losing grand finals, and 3 in a row is a trend.

Depends where he plays but I'd say 12-15 possessions would be bare minimum. 20 possies and a couple of goals would make up some ground on what he's done previously.
    I think that we have to remember the injury Rohan picked up in the semi against Adelaide last year. He shouldn't have been picked for the two remaining games, as he was clearly impeded. Hobbled. Given his record of soft tissue injuries, if he's not 95% plus (on the assumption that by the end of September very few players are at 100%), of course he's going to be tentative, especially when his game is all about frenetic chase pressure. I'm very happy to stick with him, as he has been terrific this year.

Senior Player
    THe "experts" say Essendon are quick and quick teams get Swans so tell me from the last 16 rounds only Hawks have beaten swans so which teams exactly are the fast teams that have got swans?

What a position for the team to be in: quality players with recent Firsts game time under their belts hanging out to break back into the team. So does Tippett get a game with the Twos? I'm still hoping he'll come good, but Billericay's comments about the Age Realfooty podcast make me wonder whether we're getting to the end of the Tippo experiment. I just hope that Sinclair and Naismith deliver something up front this weekend. Swans by 23.

Veterans List
    Our strongest line up for the year?

You just need to have a strategy to counter quick teams. We let them run away from us last encounter but I'm sure that vision has been carefully dissected in preparation for this. If we beat them inside, their outside runners aren't a danger.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    THe "experts" say Essendon are quick and quick teams get Swans so tell me from the last 16 rounds only Hawks have beaten swans so which teams exactly are the fast teams that have got swans?
    Yes and Hawthorn aren't exactly renowned for their pace.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Paps Hanners and Naismith in for Cunningham Hayward and Tippett

Fantasia Hurley for Laverde Hooker

Emg Aliir Robinson Cunningham
    Emg Hocking Laverde McKernan
    Surprised Will is not an emergency. Way more value than Robinson. Cunningham loses his spot due to lack of hardness = finals footy.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Our strongest line up for the year?

You just need to have a strategy to counter quick teams. We let them run away from us last encounter but I'm sure that vision has been carefully dissected in preparation for this. If we beat them inside, their outside runners aren't a danger.
    Quite possibly our strongest line up. Certainly I don't think there's been a time this year, when we've had less players out injured. And there's quite a few players running around in the ressies, who would be getting regular games at a number of clubs. Actually, the way the Dockers and the Suns finished the year, I'd probably back our NEAFL side to beat them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Really disappointed for poor Horse that Hayward was dropped, he must be gutted.

Edit: Wait- drop him so he can play in a magoos premiership THEN bring him back in for the run to the seniors premiership. Way to go, Johnny!
    Two premierships in one year would be a fairly unique way to start a career.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Eight players from the 2012 premiership will be playing Saturday night: Grundy, Hannebery, Jack, Kennedy, McVeigh, Parker, Reid, Smith.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Draft Scout
    No need to fear but: Razor Ray, S.Meredith (2016 GF) and B.Hosking from the Essendon football league umpiring.

Going to up against 25 again!
    Staying ahead of the game...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast