Thread: Season Review: #5 Heens

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Season Review: #5 Heens

season review 5 isaac heeney

A good season once he got going and with an uninterrupted preseason next year should get even better (although we could say that about quite a few of the team).
    I think we missed him up forward but hopefully Hayward can continue his improvement there.
    I am always impressed with how much time and space Heeney seems to have with the ball when confronted with a number of the opposition.
    BTW my teenage daughters interest in footy definitely increased when Isaac came back into the team
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    season review 5 isaac heeney

A good season once he got going and with an uninterrupted preseason next year should get even better (although we could say that about quite a few of the team).
    I think we missed him up forward but hopefully Hayward can continue his improvement there.
    I am always impressed with how much time and space Heeney seems to have with the ball when confronted with a number of the opposition.
    BTW my teenage daughters interest in footy definitely increased when Isaac came back into the team
    As he increases his disposals per game and reduces some silly turnovers, should become an elite player.

I'm looking forward to henney in 2018. Break out year coning.

Veterans List
    Still reckon he should be a stay at home FF like Jack Riewolt. Would take a very good defender to compete with him. Is the right height, reads the play well and is a very good one on one mark. Tippett and Reid have proved inconsistent, poor set kicks for goal and too cumbersome. Heeney would create headaches for back men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I'm looking forward to henney in 2018. Break out year coning.
    Coning! Hope not.

Senior Player
    Not the dominant year I'd hope for, although much of that is likely down to the glandular fever. Wasn't as clean this year and didn't play with the mongrel we saw in the preliminary final last year. That prelim and the game which followed were his best, given the status of those contests, but were not really repeated this year. I'm not convinced he's an inside player, but we're starting to look a bit thin there, so he may have to play there for now.

I thought this would be his breakout season, but glandular fever was too much of a setback for him.

Can see him playing a similar role to Danger/Martin next year, rotating between FF and Midfield. He doesn't have the explosiveness of either, but is a superior mark.