Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 2 V Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Are you suggesting that Jordan Foote should be kept at an undisclosed location as far from the footy field as possible?
    Can that be arranged

Regular in the Side
    OK I do not get all the hate for Foote on this forum. Yes he is not in our top 22 players but I would think that he would also be one of our lowest paid as well. I would try him out as a tagger say against Richmond. Go to Martin and I don't care if you stats sheet reads zero at the end of the day but make sure that Dusty's is also similarly low. He is strong enough and fast enough to sit on Martin all day and counter his fend off if that his sole task. He is a Swans footballer and I dare say a better one than most if not all the keyboard cowboys on this forum. Wish he would get rid of that ugly manbun though but what would I know about fashion and what the chicks dig.

Pretty disappointed at some of the comments about Rohan.
    He can do what he likes for as long as he likes.
    Those who presume to know how he should be dealing with what is happening at the moment are wrong.
    It's just a game, he's dealing with real life right now...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    OK I do not get all the hate for Foote on this forum. Yes he is not in our top 22 players but I would think that he would also be one of our lowest paid as well. I would try him out as a tagger say against Richmond. Go to Martin and I don't care if you stats sheet reads zero at the end of the day but make sure that Dusty's is also similarly low. He is strong enough and fast enough to sit on Martin all day and counter his fend off if that his sole task. He is a Swans footballer and I dare say a better one than most if not all the keyboard cowboys on this forum. Wish he would get rid of that ugly manbun though but what would I know about fashion and what the chicks dig.
    Agree rb4x. Very cheap shots at a guy who has only played 6 games and never got a real run at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainit View Post
    Gary Rohan is a dud and needs to spend at least 10 weeks in the two's to prove consistency. His head is not in it at the moment which makes his weak mental toughness on the field stand out. He is a liability and I am sick of hearing about his forward pressure crap, I think we just need to accept that we got it wrong picking him with such a high pick.

Ollie Florent I fear will be in the same category as Gary Rohan unless given more game time now, he also needs a role such as Nick Smith to grow into and be mentored.

I also think that Newman or Mcveigh may need to make way for Dawson when fit. I think Dawson can be a real star but needs to be given a go ASAP as much as I love Mcveigh. How good would this forward line be

Dawson Reid Jack
    Papley Buddy Hayward

Rotate Parker, Hannabry and Kennedy
    1. Gary Rohan may be losing a child very soon so of course his mind is not on the job. He is a valuable player in the role they have given him, Forward Pocket. He must kick more goals this year though but of course after his head is clear of his 'little' problem. TUT tut! give him a break.

2. Florent IS being mentored, by Brett Kirk his mids coach, so I can't see your point. He also has the wonderful example of Dan Hannaberry to follow. He could do far worse. He is young and still looks like a kid. He will develop in the next year just as George Hewett did.

3. Newman is a backman/mid but more so back. He won't make way at all as his delivery is one of the components we have been needing for a decade or more.

4. Hannas needs to go back to playing outside mid/wing again. This is where he was most valuable and damaging. So no rotating with anyone in the inside mids.

5. The rotation of the inside mids is as such; Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Heeney, Jones, Towers, Papley (McVeigh and Jack pinch hit in the mids when needed)

6. I agree re Dawson. He must come in when he is MATCH fit. He won't return to the main training group until round 4 so after that will play reserves until his match fitness level allows him to play seniors. Remember another thing that he is an untried mid at senior level. His only game he played forward. I would say that if everything goes well he might just get a game mid season

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post

I can never understand animosity to one of our own either. If a player has a bad game I call it but to hate just because a guy doesn't have the most talented skill set is crap. I don't understand him being named ahead of some others, last year Dawson, but that is what they did. Yes he can tag. I believe Brett Kirk was sent home once before he got Rookie listed and stayed on the list. He didn't have the most polished skill set either but went on to be a premiership player. I wonder how many people here and on other boards asked for him to go away in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Pretty disappointed at some of the comments about Rohan.
    He can do what he likes for as long as he likes.
    Those who presume to know how he should be dealing with what is happening at the moment are wrong.
    It's just a game, he's dealing with real life right now...
    I agree with this wholeheartedly and loathe the @@@@ comments that are coming his way here. The potential loss of a child is devastating, even more when you are pre-warned because it plays on the psyche so much more. I have never been in this position but my nephew and his wife lost 3. I am incredibly surprised that he is available at all. This sort of incident puts everything into perspective and brings reality crashing down on us. You don't have to know someone personally to be able to empathise or sympathise. Of course for some empathy is impossible unfortunately. I am incredibly hopeful the universe treats Gaz & his wife well and as many humans as possible in his family end up healthy and happy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I don�t think anyone picked this

Final teams
    Hannebery Rohan for Newman Fox

Emg: Foote Newman Fox Ronke

Senior Player
    Pretty surprised that Newman was dropped. Wonder whether they are playing games and there will be a late change

Seems like the strategy is to go all out in the development of Florent and Hayward. Port have a fairly young back line, so maybe the match committee think F&H will have a better chance than they did against the more mature Eagles defenders.

Really weird selection changes. Both Newman and Fox had solid Rnd 1 games

Florent was an automatic drop for me. And what are they doing dropping 2 back men and bringing in a forward and a midfielder? Hoping Rohan doesn't play defence. Without Reid Rohan is definitely neded in the forward line. I think Newman is definitely in our best 22 and feel like Horse has something against him

Who'll drop back into defence to replace Newman and Fox?
    Last edited by longmile; 30th March 2018 at 05:49 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We had plenty of players who could play in defence in round 1. Lloyd played wing, Newman played wing/forward, Jones played inside mid and Fox also spent time forward. I think this is a more balanced side positionally but I think Newman would have been more effective than Florent in his tackles.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast