Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Victorian GF Heist.....'national' league joke.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It doesn't surprise me and it's fine by me. Having made it down to the last couple of grand finals, there is a real sense of occasion and brilliant atmosphere. The possibility of seeing my team play the grand final at the MCG is part of the lure. Certainly beats the NRL grand finals I went to, back in the day.

The two biggest bummers about an MCG grand final is the underrepresentation of members from the competing clubs and the expense of getting down to Melbourne. Seems that those things are on (supposedly) on the agenda to fix:

Source: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...13-p4z9h0.html.
    Accept there are differing views on this but I agree with you on this. But it grinds my gears when Melbourne clubs claim we get a leg up here.

It's hard to believe they would lock it in so long. Before they do they must address the many other inequities of having the MCG as a home ground for a select few teams, the rare access for non Victorian teams, and access for the fans of those teams should they make the GF. Otherwise it seems like a bad joke on the rest of Australia.

I do believe scheduling is a big part of it. Even if it means shifting some Melbourne clubs to Etihad for games interstate teams should play a minimum of five away games a season at the MCG. Whether it�s real or mental the current situation as to lack of access to the games biggest stage must be addressed.

Genuine increase in interstate ticketing too so that the crows influence is curbed somewhat

The MCG will be below sea level by 2057, but the Rules of The Game Committee will modify the rules to become indistinguishable from Water Polo.

Sydney Swans coach to change nickname to Hippo.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345