Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 11 vs Carlton

I�m guessing Hugo Panic will be mentored by Leo Barry .

So long as they:
    a) win; and
    b) win by a lot.

If we don't start building up our percentage now, we'll be ruing it come finals time.

Ludwig... love your work.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    So long as they:
    a) win; and
    b) win by a lot.

If we don't start building up our percentage now, we'll be ruing it come finals time.

Ludwig... love your work.
    Percentage will be very important come finals time and we have the worst amongst top contenders, next two weeks are critical, have to not only win but keep Saints and Blues to low scores.

Cameron has put together a decent block of games in the 2's. Regularly featuring in the best couple of players.

McCartin has been a really good contester and looks an excellent prospect. But I'd like to see Cameron given an opportunity.

Marsh was solid in a hard game with plenty of ball coming in. I'm surprised to read negative posts about his game against the Lions.

Stoddart definitely should get another run in much more favourable conditions...He played really well in poor conditions against a pretty fierce opponent.

So assuming no unknown injuries:

IN : Cameron

OUT : McCartin
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Id give mccartin a bit longer. I dont think there will be too many more debutants, with these young guys slowly replaced by mature players (towers, reid, etc) as they become available.

Veterans List
    Most of those 'knocking the door down' in the reserves will be seeking trades at season's end if they're not rewarded for their efforts soon, while we have injured players out.....Newman, O'Riordon, Cameron, Allir, Towers, Pink and Robertson must be getting sick of waiting......

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    And at NEAFL level, where's he more confident, he provides plenty of run too. He's quicker than Mills and a better kick, plus around the same height. He doesn't measure up to Mills on the "game reading" index and his overhead marking isn't as good, but he has plenty to offer.

I suspect that, if Melican were available (or Aliir in better form), they'd bring a taller player into the defence. But surely Marsh deserves a couple of weeks to readjust to playing in the senior team? Some of our cemented in defenders (including Mills) played some ordinary games at the start of the year but the coaches stuck by them. The same treatment isn't often afforded the senior fringe players.
    I see marsh as a like replacement for Mills. Doesn't intercept as well and but is a very solid replacement

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Most of those 'knocking the door down' in the reserves will be seeking trades at season's end if they're not rewarded for their efforts soon, while we have injured players out.....Newman, O'Riordon, Cameron, Allir, Towers, Pink and Robertson must be getting sick of waiting......
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Newman and Allir traded, think both would be regular senior players at other clubs

Pink hasn't even played this season and will probably be delisted, Robinson asked for a trade last year and nobody was interested

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Pink has been injured all season, so he is not really knocking the door down. Of the little I saw last season, looked very raw and a long way off being anywhere near seniors footy.

Robinson hasn't been able to step up as hoped in the seniors when he had the chance.

Towers can feel justifiably unlucky for mine - but he is a professional guy, and will get another chance soon I expect.

Cameron is a tough one - doing well at NEAFL level, but not quite sure how he fits into the seniors team, when we seem to be happy to run with just a single ruckman with 'insert random other support player' in the ruck. In the couple of reserves games I've watched this season he seems to have improved again from last year. I would think we will be keen to hang onto him for at least another year yet, especially given how long coming back from an ACL can take (hence Naismith may not really be back into seniors contention until midway through next season at least).

Allir needs a consistent run of form in the reserves in my opinion before he will be considered to come back into seniors (assuming no injuries of course). He just hasn't recaptured that 2016 form yet.

Newman I think is desperately unlucky not to have a spot in the top 22, and will surely be targeted in the trade window if he doesn't find a way into the 22 by the end of the season.

O'Riordan is a hard one. Can see plenty of talent there, and would have thought he would of played seniors by now. But something must be counting against him in the selection committee's minds.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Malthouse said during there premiership year in 2010 that you have to play the reserves players when they are in form as it is easy to go out of form if you are not getting a game they used over 35 players that year.
    The only way we can gauge our depth is to play these players.
    I think that Allir may have his cards stamped and will be traded out at the end of the year and after the Bulldogs game earlier this year I think there would be question marks on Newman's future as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I sent a memo to Tom Harley at the start of the season titled "The Return of the Ruckman." I am now projecting that the norm for clubs a few years down the road will be to play 2 forward-ruckmen. If they are good enough, Sinclair, Cameron and Amartey can all play that position. If Aliir were a better forward, he might fit the bill as well.

PS: Harley was so impressed by my memo that my recent trip to the Balkans was on company business looking for a ruckman from the crop of basketball players not quite good enough to make the NBA and might want to give AFL a go. There are some excellent tall NBA stars that come from this region, like Bojan Bogdanovi?, Dario �ari? and Nikola Joki?. KB would normally go on recruiting trips, but they decided to send me since I can read Cyrillic and am fluent in Vulgarian. I'm happy to report that I've signed a Croatian player as an international rookie. His name is Hugo Pani?.
    You are kicking with the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Malthouse said during there premiership year in 2010 that you have to play the reserves players when they are in form as it is easy to go out of form if you are not getting a game they used over 35 players that year.
    The only way we can gauge our depth is to play these players.
    I think that Allir may have his cards stamped and will be traded out at the end of the year and after the Bulldogs game earlier this year I think there would be question marks on Newman's future as well.
    Someone has to make way for the re-signing of Jones.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    You are kicking with the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone has to make way for the re-signing of Jones.
    Lloyd is our no.1 priority to re-sign by a long way. but said be is in no hurry at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Mc Cartin in yellow. Maybe out and Cameron in.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast